"Kearney Is What Kearney Was" Kearney by mrclay2000
Kearney Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 29 photos
Kearney was originally laid out as Centerville in the 1850s, though the James Farm is dated to 1845. Then as now a place for farms and pasture, Kearney is located about sixteen miles north of Kansas City on I-35. Off US-92 there are some attractions of note for the outsider but somewhat sprawled out in this interesting town.
Residency here numbered about 5,500 citizens in the last census. Today the town's websites boasts only two important attractions, thankfully located only a few miles apart.
- Pros:A handful of historical attractions
- Cons:Everything widely scattered and seen for a fee
- In a nutshell:Where Jesse James lived, loved, hated and lies
A true James' enthusiast would visit all the associated places in Kearney before venturing the short hour and change to... more travel advice
Built in the 1850s in the Classic Revival style, the Watkins Home is a beautiful example of rural American living for... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Kearney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kearney Is What Kearney Was"
- "Kearney, Missouri - Hometown to the James Gang"
- "Jesse James"
- "Kearny former home of the infamous Jesse James"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kearney
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Kearney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kearney
Photos in KearneySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos