Antietam Things to Do Tips by mrclay2000 Top 5 Page for this destination
Antietam Things to Do: 71 reviews and 190 photos
Dunker Church, Antietam
The first structure on the tour beyond the visitor center is the Dunker church, which survived the battle of Antietam. According to the bulletin, the church was brought down by a violent storm about 80 years ago, but parts of the original structure were incorporated in the reconstruction.
Dunker Church, Antietam
The Civil War still impacts the United States today, and inside the reconstructed church on the field where occurred the nation's bloodiest day, it is only appropriate to solicit the higher orders that such division does not again lead to such destruction.
Sunken Lane, Antietam
I confess that when I came upon this ditch, my blood ran cold. Along this sunken lane in 1862, Matthew Brady took his celebrated photographs that demonstrated to an appalled nation all the horrors of the Civil War.
I usually take my self-portraits by standing upright, but here I felt compelled to share the field with the ghosts of the past.
Burnside Bridge, Antietam
Toward the end of your tour, you'll appear at the celebrated Burnside Bridge, one of the more important landmarks on the battlefield. During the conflict, the arch was contested by thousands of soldiers of the Blue and the Gray.
row of cannon, Antietam
Like most other national battlefields, Antietam has its own collection of period field-pieces, such as this row that now overlooks a few peaceful farmsteads.
More Reviews (2)
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Antietam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ANTIETAM - HIGWATER MARK FOR THE CONFEDERACY"
- "antietam national battlefield"
- "Bloodiest Single Day of the American Civil War"
- "The Bloodiest Day of the Civil War"
- "September 17, 1862 - America's Bloodiest Day"
- "Deadliest Day"
- "The Bloodiest Single Day of Battle"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mallica Hotels
- Santee National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Mitchell Hotels
- Venezuela Hotels
- Laplje Selo
Badges & Stats in Antietam
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Antietam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antietam
Photos in AntietamSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos