"One of Louisiana's Least Considered Gems" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Charles by mrclay2000
Lake Charles Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 64 photos
Lake Charles in the southwestern corner of the state is normally missed by commuters barreling for the Big Easy or the state capital at Baton Rouge. Like many parts of the state the struggling economy has yet to improve much of the Lake Charles area, but the Creole Nature Trail that encircles the eponymous lake offers fantastic wildlife viewing for just over 100 miles.
- Pros:Connected to an interstate
- Cons:Not as full of venues and places to see as New Orleans
- In a nutshell:For wildlife lovers, hunters or fishermen, a great getaway spot
Like much of Louisiana, Lake Charles is either at or barely over sea level. Graveyards throughout the state often show... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Lake Charles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ken's Lake Charles Page"
- "Jmill42's Birthplace"
- "One of Louisiana's Least Considered Gems"
- "Don't ask me...I only ate here"
- "SeaBreezeUSA's new Lake Charles page"
- "Basaic Lake Charles Page"
- "Lake Charles & Southwest (coastal) Louisiana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Charles
- Hotels in Lake Charles
- Transportation in Lake Charles
- Nightlife in Lake Charles
- Restaurants in Lake Charles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Charles
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Lake Charles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Charles
Photos in Lake CharlesSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos