"Dominating Church Steeples Typical Among Towns" Park by mrclay2000
Park Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 4 photos
For those of you out there who love and pride themselves in Americana, you'll of course consider that little towns ought to have water towers. It is almost a litmus test these days, that to qualify for a village the place must have a water tower, to qualify for a town a McDonald's and to qualify for a city a Wal-mart (or some equivalent).
In rural Kansas, several towns along I-70 have the requisite water towers and other ornamentation besides. Some have grain silos to prove their agrarian heritage, but several villages/towns (such as Park) have a dominating church steeple almost as majestic as the silos. These structures prove that the religious aspect was no farther from village life than sewing and the scythe.
- Pros:Ornate churches easy to reach from Interstate
- In a nutshell:Why not stretch your legs before such an edifice rather than the rest stop?
If you're traveling on I-70 in western Kansas, stop by the villages of Victoria or Collyer or any of the other places... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Park Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Park
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Park
Photos in ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos