"One of Kansas' Finest Towns" Ottawa by mrclay2000
Ottawa Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 50 photos
Kansas is one of the nation's leading states for preserving its old historic quarters. Almost every town in the Sunflower State has a long stand of Victorian-era and earlier buildings, some still serving the same purpose as when they were founded.
Ottawa was born just after the Civil War and today its Main Street bears facades dating as early as 1879. Block after historic block along the main drag looks as it did in the 1880s. A historic and finely-crafted courthouse, several examples of good church architecture, and a wealth of history make Ottawa an easy and profitable strike from the larger towns of Topeka and Kansas City.
- Pros:Most wonders lie around the historic city center
- In a nutshell:Full of the splendors of the Midwest and Americana
Ottawa remains a thriving community today, and though its Main Street historic district is difficult to beat, it relies... more travel advice
Less appealing than the First Baptist but also standing on the periphery of the county courthouse is the First United... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Kansas' Finest Towns"
- "Ottawa, Kansas"
- "brdwtchr's new Ottawa Page"
- "Ottawa isn't only Canadian, eh?"
- "A Town of Friendly People"
- "Basaic Ottawa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
Photos in OttawaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos