"Among the lushest national parks in the system" Top 5 Page for this destination Everglades National Park by mrclay2000
Everglades National Park Travel Guide: 370 reviews and 910 photos
Everglades National Park (like the rest of south Florida) is generally warm and tropical year-round, with summer temperatures being strong and constant. In-season means the winter months where temperatures are not as spiteful as they become in the spring and summer.
The great thing about the Everglades is that it is surrounded by water on all sides, and all the creatures that live therein, and all the creatures that feed on those creatures, are all here in startling abundance. If you came here for alligators and crocodiles, you'll find them, but your conductors at every hour will be the birds.
Unfortunately, there is another conductor here just as prevalent known as the mosquito, and there are 42 different kinds that will gladly drink from your tap.
- Pros:Great abundance of wildlife and getting around is easy
- Cons:too hot, thirsty mosquitoes, limited beauty/scenery
- In a nutshell:A veritable hive of animal diversity and activity
Florida Bay surrounds the tip of the U.S. mainland in the Southeast. Whether the algae blooms are up or down, you can... more travel advice
Alligators will sometimes float rather than cruise. It presents more of their backsides to the warming sun and conserves... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Everglades National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Everglades National Park Page"
- "Okefenokee's River of Grass"
- "Among the lushest national parks in the system"
- "everglades national park"
- "Everglades National Park by Kimberlyann"
- "The Everglades "River of Grass""
- "Everglades National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Everglades National Park
- Hotels in Everglades National Park
- Transportation in Everglades National Park
- Nightlife in Everglades National Park
- Restaurants in Everglades National Park
- Shopping in Everglades National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Everglades National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Everglades National Park
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Everglades National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Everglades National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: We Can No Longer Tolerate..."
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Everglades National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Tropical Florida Bay in Everglades National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Impervious to Barbs on Appearance"
- updated a Everglades National Park Travel Page "Among the lushest national parks in the system"
Photos in Everglades National ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos