"Made from Scratch" Lake Havasu State Park by mrclay2000
Lake Havasu State Park Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 38 photos
Lake Havasu City grew up as an oasis community in the desert. Though I found the natural formations and castle rocks in the vicinity a charming host at sunset, the town itself is plain by day (but still growing). The Colorado River was again relied upon to provide water for the area lakes, without which this were no city to visit, much less inhabit. To further lure residents, the town planners bought London Bridge, and resorts have since grown up around this famous but oddly-fitted attraction.
- Pros:Access to water and plenty of lodging
- Cons:mosquitoes and jack rabbits
- In a nutshell:Fit for a stopover but not a long stay
Snatched from off the Thames in London, famous London Bridge was bought by oil tycoon Robert McCullough in the early... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Lake Havasu State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Lake Havasu State Park Page"
- "Made from Scratch"
- "London Bridge in Lake Havasu"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Havasu State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Lake Havasu State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Havasu State Park
Photos in Lake Havasu State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos