"The Battle That Saved Missouri for the Union" Pea Ridge National Military Park by mrclay2000
Pea Ridge National Military Park Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 60 photos
After the Federal setback at Wilson's Creek (Springfield, Missouri) in 1861, which also retarded the consolidation of Confederate strength in the area, the Union turned the tables on the Rebs at Pea Ridge near modern-day Garfield, Arkansas. Most Civil War enthusiasts will take both parks in conjunction, but history buffs will also be pleased to note that the road in between forms part of the infamous "Trail of Tears" route that relocated thousands of Indians to the Indian Territories farther west (modern-day Oklahoma).
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, epic history
- Cons:Rattlesnakes in the low ground, horribly hot and humid in summer
- In a nutshell:Essential battlefield site for Civil War buffs
Depending on how the park service has managed the grounds recently by the time of your visit, you might find full fields... more travel advice
Few persons who come to Pea Ridge for its own merits will neglect visiting Wilson's Creek National Battlefield a few... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Pea Ridge National Military Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Battle That Saved Missouri for the Union"
- "Saving Missouri"
- "Little Battle with big results"
- "Basaic Pea Ridge National Military Park Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pea Ridge National Military Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Pea Ridge National Military Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pea Ridge National Military Park
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Pea Ridge National Military Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pea Ridge National Military Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: We Can No Longer Tolerate..."
- Wrote a Review Don't Get Rattled in Pea Ridge National Military Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't Get Rattled"
- created a Pea Ridge National Military Park Travel Page "The Battle That Saved Missouri for the Union"
Photos in Pea Ridge National Military ParkSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos