"North Conway" Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway by Krumlovgirl

North Conway Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 218 photos

Lots of Things To Do

For the summer, North Conway was my surrogate home. Although I lived closer to Wolfeboro and prefer its quaintness, there are things that North Conway offers that can’t be found anywhere else in the area. Like outlet shops. One day I actually bought a pair of fleece-lined jeans at LL Bean, proving that I am definitely in New England. Of course, people who live up here would understand. It rained the entire month of May and never got higher than 60. And the days it did felt like a heat wave was coming through.

There are many touristy things to do in and around the town. The scenic railroad is a popular way to spend the day or afternoon and the beautiful Kancamagus Highway is only a couple of miles down the road. There are also many shops and restaurants and places to wander around. It’s a good gate to Mt. Washington and Crawford Notch and if you’re into hiking then this is a nice stop to or from your destination.

Copyrite

Yes, all photos are by me unless otherwise noted.

• Pros:Quaint and picturesque.
  • Cons:A little touristy.
  • In a nutshell:Not bad as a stop off point or a base for the surrounding area.
  • Last visit to North Conway: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 19, 2005

• Mar 29, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Since we bought the lodge in November 2006, this "bunkhouse" is closed. We now have a small bunkroom in the Main Lodge, with 2 sets of bunkbeds and a private bath. All clean, all new! And you can still enjoy all the amenities. Freddie, your host

• Jan 2, 2007 at 7:25 PM

i DON'T WANT TO EAT BREAKFAST WITH A BUNCH OF LONG HAIRED, BEARDED, BACKPACKING PIGLETTS. I passed through my hippie phase years ago and now I want to eat off of fine china surrounded by Republcans.

• Minstrelette's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 5:07 PM

Great pictures! I can't wait to visit this gorgeous area!

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Badges & Stats in North Conway

Have you been to North Conway?

Latest Activity in North Conway