Richmond Nightlife Tips by Krumlovgirl
Richmond Nightlife: 6 reviews and 5 photos
We used to have three movie theatres in Richmond but one’s been turned into a church and the other was torn down years ago so now we only have the one at the mall. They try to do a pretty good job of bringing in the new releases, but they’re main audience is made up of high schoolers and middle schoolers so they tend to get more blockbuster-type movies than anything else. Of course, if an independent movie comes out and starts making big bucks they will eventually latch onto it, but this has been rare. The theatre was built around 1988 and as far as I know they haven’t refurbished it, although the entrance has changed many times. No stadium seating. The best value is to go to a matinee. Regular prices are Adult: $6.50 and Child: $4.00.
Address: 404 Richmond Mall Richmond
Directions: Located in the food court area of the mall.
The 32-lane bowling alley is more than just bowling. Champion’s Sports Bar and Grille has reasonable pub grub and a great karaoke night. It can get very packed. They also feature disco bowling and other theme nights. It’s probably the best family place in town, except for the Sports Bar and Grille which can host some pretty crazy drunk people at times. (especially on karaoke night.)
Address: 1025 Amberly Way
Phone: (859) 624-4444
Theme: Family Spot
The most popular aspect of Richmond nightlife is First Street. Originally built to be a place where people could go in between court hearings in the 1800s to eat and congregate, it now hosts a wide variety of bars and pubs. Occasionally it can get overrun by college students and Greek people, but there are still a few bars that cater to the older crowd. I especially like the Buddha Belly which also has a lunch menu. Sometimes they have live music and it can get pretty interesting on Monday’s Open Mike night.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (87)
- See All Richmond Pow Wow
- See All Support Downtown
- See All Church Baby Sales
- See All The Sandwich Shop
- See All Elmwood
- See All Furnace Mountain- A Buddhist Temple
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " No Longer My Home, but I Still Love It"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Richmond, Bybee, Lexington, and Waco Kentucky"
- "RICHMOND, Kentucky"
- "s.l.keeling's new Richmond Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Nightlife in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- Shopping in Richmond
- Warnings and Dangers in Richmond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 90 Reviews
- 186 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues