"Mt. Sterling" Mount Sterling by Krumlovgirl

Mount Sterling Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 54 photos

Mt. Sterling

I was brought home from the hospital here and later lived here briefly again when I was 10. We only lived there a short time the second time because our house was haunted, thus shortening the amount of time we spent in the house. Everyone who knows me knows about the "haunted house in Mt.Sterling" and I like to take visitors on drives past it even today. It is still standing, although it's empty. Take a look at my houses travelogue.

Some Things To Take Note Of

October Court Days- basically a really, really big flea market. If you can't find it here, then you're not going to find it anywhere. I do a lot of my Christmas shopping at this time. But then, I like markets anyway. It's also wise to visit without a full stomach. Lots of places to eat.

Berrymans- my favorite Frosty Freeze. It's arguable that they lost their edge when they moved into the old Dairy Queen building, but their chili dogs are still pretty good.

Old houses- there are some really neat old houses in the downtown area. I lived in my first haunted house in Mt.Sterling. We lived there exactly three months and then promptly moved out. Never really finished unpacking. Really traumatic experience. But the house was pretty! :-)

Quaint downtown- although like most downtown areas in the south, it is drying up due to urban sprawl, but they have managed to keep the buildings looking pretty good. It's nice to get out and walk around in.

Ruth Hunt Candy Company- and you can take a tour, too!

More Photos

I have more photos in my external photo album page. Check it out here. My Mount Sterling Photo Album

• Last visit to Mount Sterling: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2007

• May 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM

yes i have lived in mtsterling all of my life and i was wandering where this house was located. I have always wanted to get the hell scared out of me and by the way you were talking this place could do it! thanks

• Mar 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM

That house looks familiar...where is it located?? I love your story. It was very interesting because I love reading ghost stories.

• Jan 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Krumlovgirl, can you send me an e-mail @ michaelt.jones@ky.gov? I was wondering if you had any more old house photos of Mt. Sterling. I am the code enforcement officer here, and a life long resident. (Had more but ran out of characters)

• sabogg01's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Hey id love to go see the "haunted house" you speak of in Mt. Sterling!

• Feb 13, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Hi, I live in Mt. Sterling and I love old houses especially old run down haunted houses. I have seen this house before but I can't place where, could you please tell me where it is located. thanks, Kristin

Krumlovgirl Used To Live Here!

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Badges & Stats in Mount Sterling

Have you been to Mount Sterling?

Latest Activity in Mount Sterling