"Mt. Sterling" Mount Sterling by Krumlovgirl
Mount Sterling Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 54 photos
I was brought home from the hospital here and later lived here briefly again when I was 10. We only lived there a short time the second time because our house was haunted, thus shortening the amount of time we spent in the house. Everyone who knows me knows about the "haunted house in Mt.Sterling" and I like to take visitors on drives past it even today. It is still standing, although it's empty. Take a look at my houses travelogue.
October Court Days- basically a really, really big flea market. If you can't find it here, then you're not going to find it anywhere. I do a lot of my Christmas shopping at this time. But then, I like markets anyway. It's also wise to visit without a full stomach. Lots of places to eat.
Berrymans- my favorite Frosty Freeze. It's arguable that they lost their edge when they moved into the old Dairy Queen building, but their chili dogs are still pretty good.
Old houses- there are some really neat old houses in the downtown area. I lived in my first haunted house in Mt.Sterling. We lived there exactly three months and then promptly moved out. Never really finished unpacking. Really traumatic experience. But the house was pretty! :-)
Quaint downtown- although like most downtown areas in the south, it is drying up due to urban sprawl, but they have managed to keep the buildings looking pretty good. It's nice to get out and walk around in.
Ruth Hunt Candy Company- and you can take a tour, too!
If you're into driving around and looking for old houses to walk around and explore then you'll definitely like Mt.... more travel advice
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Mount Sterling Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mount Sterling
- Restaurants in Mount Sterling
- Shopping in Mount Sterling
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Sterling
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Sterling
- 2 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Mount Sterling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Sterling
Photos in Mount SterlingSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues