"Karlovy Vary" Karlovy Vary by Krumlovgirl
Karlovy Vary Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 677 photos
I've only been to Karlovy Vary on daytrips, but I definitely want to return. I would love to spend a week at the Hotel Pupp and just laze around the city a bit. It was kind of cloudy and overcast the day that I was there, but it was a very pretty city still. I got to spend some time at the Hotel Thermal's outdoor pool (in March!) and I had some very good goulash. All in all, it was enough to whet my appetite.
To see more photos that I have taken in Karlovy Vary go to my external photo albums. My Karlovy Vary Photos
Karlovy Vary, situated in the stunning Tepla Valley, is the largest and liveliest spa town in the Czech Republic. Visitors of all ages stroll along the riverside promenade sipping the waters from the twelve curative springs and nibbling on the round spa wafers; there's plenty of good shopping, dining, and people-watching. If you only have a couple of hours, go for a swim (even in the winter!) at the outdoor pool at the hotel Thermal. IF you have longer and wish to try a spa treatment (anything from a massage to an intestinal irrigation), some spas (such as Zamecke Lazne) now cater to walk-in visitors. On the outskirts of town is the Moser glass factory which makes china and crystal for the royal families of Europe. You can also visit the factory that manufactures the renowned local herbal liqueur, Becherovka.
This is supposed to be the big daddy of Karlovy Vary hotels and spas. While I have never stayed IN the hotel, I have... more travel advice
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Karlovy Vary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot springs & cooool architecture"
- "Karlovy Vary - Karlsbad"
- "KARLOVY VARY - The Spa Town -"
- "Day Trip to Karlovy Vary"
- "Day of Water Treatment"
- "Reflections on Karlovy Vary"
- "Take a stroll"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlovy Vary
- Hotels in Karlovy Vary
- Transportation in Karlovy Vary
- Nightlife in Karlovy Vary
- Restaurants in Karlovy Vary
- Shopping in Karlovy Vary
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlovy Vary
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karlovy Vary
- 3 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Karlovy Vary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlovy Vary
Photos in Karlovy VarySee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Karlovy Vary hotel reviews
- Hotel Svycarsky Dvur
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 7, 2013
- Grandhotel Pupp
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Hotel Thermal
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 2, 2013
- Pension Romania
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- Villa Basileia
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 28, 2012
- Heluan Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 23, 2013
- TOP CityLine Hotel Aura Palace Spa & Wellness Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2012
- Hostel Buena Vista
- 1 Review & Opinion