"Karlovy Vary" Karlovy Vary by Krumlovgirl

Karlovy Vary Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 679 photos

I've only been to Karlovy Vary on daytrips, but I definitely want to return. I would love to spend a week at the Hotel Pupp and just laze around the city a bit. It was kind of cloudy and overcast the day that I was there, but it was a very pretty city still. I got to spend some time at the Hotel Thermal's outdoor pool (in March!) and I had some very good goulash. All in all, it was enough to whet my appetite.

MORE PHOTOS

To see more photos that I have taken in Karlovy Vary go to my external photo albums. My Karlovy Vary Photos

About the town

Karlovy Vary, situated in the stunning Tepla Valley, is the largest and liveliest spa town in the Czech Republic. Visitors of all ages stroll along the riverside promenade sipping the waters from the twelve curative springs and nibbling on the round spa wafers; there's plenty of good shopping, dining, and people-watching. If you only have a couple of hours, go for a swim (even in the winter!) at the outdoor pool at the hotel Thermal. IF you have longer and wish to try a spa treatment (anything from a massage to an intestinal irrigation), some spas (such as Zamecke Lazne) now cater to walk-in visitors. On the outskirts of town is the Moser glass factory which makes china and crystal for the royal families of Europe. You can also visit the factory that manufactures the renowned local herbal liqueur, Becherovka.

Useful Websites

• Last visit to Karlovy Vary: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2006

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 11:09 AM

this town is on our list.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 3:57 PM

Nice spa town page. A day is much better than not at all - I missed this town completely and would really like to come back & experience it!

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Badges & Stats in Karlovy Vary

Have you been to Karlovy Vary?

Latest Activity in Karlovy Vary