"Kutna Hora" Kutna Hora by Krumlovgirl
Kutna Hora Travel Guide: 366 reviews and 964 photos
Kutná Hora is a UNESCO-designated town and was one of the most important royal towns with silver mines from 13th to 16th century, rivaling even Prague in political importance. Beside the lovely Gothic St. Barbara's cathedral, the silver mining museum and well-preserved town center, you should visit nearby Sedlec. It is here that you will find the Chapel of All Saints with the famous ossuary ("kostnice"), whose entire interior is decorated with human bones dating from the 30 years' war.
Distance from Prague: approx. 45 miles (half-day to day trip)
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Kutna Hora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old bones Galore for the serious bone connaisseur"
- "North Bohemian Growing Pains"
- "Kutná Hora - treasury of the Czech Kingdom"
- "ONCE A RICH SILVER CITY - NOW A UNESCO SITE"
- "The Historical Kutna Hora.."
- "St Barbara Cathedral..."
- "Kutna Hora - formerly rich of silver Czech town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kutna Hora
- Hotels in Kutna Hora
- Transportation in Kutna Hora
- Nightlife in Kutna Hora
- Restaurants in Kutna Hora
- Shopping in Kutna Hora
- Warnings and Dangers in Kutna Hora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kutna Hora
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Kutna Hora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kutna Hora
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues