" Many Things To Many People" Prague by Krumlovgirl
Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,810 photos
I have a split personality when it comes to Prague. On one hand, I want to tell everyone how wonderful it is and I feel somehow personally responsible for the way that it is protrayed. On the other hand, I would like to add to the fears about it being overcrowded, unsafe, and boring because I DON'T want other people visiting. I'd like to keep it to myself and the select others that are also as enchanted with it as I am.
But the truth is, it is truly a wonderful place to be. Yes, there are more and more tourists everyday and there are times when it feels like you hear more English than Czech being spoken. And yes, the prices are rising and will continue to do so after they go Euro. But man, what a city. If you get off the beaten path and tourists tracks and evenjust wander down the alleys and streets you'll find parts of it untouched. As my mother says, it's the kind of city where you wouldn't be surprised to see a man walk out of the mist in a large top hat and long coat-and wouldn't be surprised if he was Jack the Ripper. A magical, mystical place.
To see more photos that I have taken in Prague go to my external photo album. My Prague Photos
Prague's Transportation System
Hostelworld- Book your Prague Hostel Online
Bugeurope- Read Hostel Reviews
Czech National Rail
- Pros:Inexpensive, picturesque, friendly locals, & great food.
- Cons:Only that the secret is out.
- In a nutshell:It won't be like anywhere else you have ever been. You have to see it.
We stumbled upon this restaurant very close to the TESCO. We loved the art deco interior and the design of the tables... more travel advice
We only had a lukewarm experience with the apartments. To begin with, it wasn?t made clear that the reception was a good... more travel advice
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "prague czech republic"
- "Prague-One of Europe's Best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 42 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Photos in PragueSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues