" Many Things To Many People" Prague by Krumlovgirl

Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,810 photos

Nothing Was As It Appeared

I have a split personality when it comes to Prague. On one hand, I want to tell everyone how wonderful it is and I feel somehow personally responsible for the way that it is protrayed. On the other hand, I would like to add to the fears about it being overcrowded, unsafe, and boring because I DON'T want other people visiting. I'd like to keep it to myself and the select others that are also as enchanted with it as I am.

But the truth is, it is truly a wonderful place to be. Yes, there are more and more tourists everyday and there are times when it feels like you hear more English than Czech being spoken. And yes, the prices are rising and will continue to do so after they go Euro. But man, what a city. If you get off the beaten path and tourists tracks and evenjust wander down the alleys and streets you'll find parts of it untouched. As my mother says, it's the kind of city where you wouldn't be surprised to see a man walk out of the mist in a large top hat and long coat-and wouldn't be surprised if he was Jack the Ripper. A magical, mystical place.

More Photos

To see more photos that I have taken in Prague go to my external photo album. My Prague Photos

Useful Links

Prague's Transportation System

Hostelworld- Book your Prague Hostel Online

Bugeurope- Read Hostel Reviews

Czech National Rail

• Pros:Inexpensive, picturesque, friendly locals, & great food.
  • Cons:Only that the secret is out.
  • In a nutshell:It won't be like anywhere else you have ever been. You have to see it.
  • Last visit to Prague: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2006

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Good page. I hope to re visit Prague next month.

Ciao!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Great insights on this most lovely city. I had the opposite experience with a taxi driver but still loved everything about Prague.

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Fabulous tips, speciallty coffee ones! ;) Louvre Café seems to be a place for me! Great page. :))

• tranceperent's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2006 at 11:49 AM

good hostel tips in prague..planning to visit progue shortly..thnx

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 4:35 AM

Good restaurant tips, thanks

• elucas's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 7:24 AM

Do like your photos and tips on Prague. Looks a lovely city and is high up on my "must see" list. Don't think I'll go to that hostel though ! Hope you are keeping well. Best wishes. Liz.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2006 at 12:51 PM

This is the best page I've read on Prague. Fantastic stuff, especially like your travelogues.

• TheView's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Lovely photos ;) And very nice travel tips ;) Allan

• mholzgrefe's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2006 at 11:12 AM

I LOVE your cat photo. What a wonderful & informative travel page you have produced! Thanks for all the shared info. Regards Martha

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 2:48 PM

Fine texts on your three travelogues! I also once wrote a story about Prague. It was about my 30th birthday and was called The Ten Thousand Nine Hundred and Fifty-Ninth Day. (Which it really wasn't, but of course I didn't have a computer at the time.)

Krumlovgirl Visits Here Frequently!

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Badges & Stats in Prague