"Aberystwyth" Aberystwyth by Krumlovgirl
Aberystwyth Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 79 photos
Aberystwyth is a really great seaside town about forty-five minutes from where I live in Lampeter. Although it’s an old town, it has a young, energetic feel to it and there are lots of things going on there. It’s a wonderful place to people watch, hang out, shop, and explore whether you have an entire day or just a couple of hours. As a town it has two beaches, some castle ruins, the University of Wales in Aberystwyth, and a harbor.
A really nice wide promenade is built up off the beach to protect against the Irish sea. There are some cafes on the promenade, most notably a small diner that sells ice cream. There are also several benches and places to sit, making it an excellent place to people watch and to watch the sun set when it goes off the coast of Cardigan Bay. The buildings along the promenade are Victorian/Edwardian. Some of them are hotels while others are connected to the university or restaurants. There’s a huge neo-Gothic building used for college administrative purposes that I find really creepy and atmospheric. It’s located near the castle ruins and close to the casino/entertainment building-also on the promenade.
The beach in Aber is rocky and pebbly although sand can sometimes be found as well. It’s still a good place for sunbathing and for taking walks. Despite its location it has a fairly mild climate for this part of Wales and although the breezes coming in off the water can be cold, it’s not an altogether frigid place.
To see more photos that I have taken in Aberystywth, check out my external photo page at My Aberystywth Photo Album
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Aberystwyth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Timeless Aberystwyth"
- "The University town called Aberystwyth"
- "Aberystwyth, Wales"
- "Cardigan Bay area"
- "Cambrian Discovery"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Aberystwyth
- 0 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Aberystwyth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aberystwyth
Photos in AberystwythSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Aberystwyth hotel reviews
- Four Seasons
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Ty Belgrave House
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Brynowen Holiday Park - Park Resorts
- 450 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Gwesty'r Marine Hotel
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Shoreline Guest House
- 361 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Richmond Hotel
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- Celtic Bay Guest House
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013