"Cardigan, Wales" Cardigan by Krumlovgirl
Cardigan Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 34 photos
Along with other small towns on the Irish sea such as Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, and Newquay, Cardigan warrants a visit if for nothing other than another glimpse at a pretty little, Welsh speaking seaside town. The area around Cardigan itself is beautiful, and the town sets at the northern point of Pembrokeshire and on Cardigan Bay.
Cardigan Bay is home to two schools of bottlenosed dolphins that can be seen in season, as well as various other forms of marine wildlife. Supposedly, the best place to view them is at the Cardigan Island Farm Park.
The town itself is small and compact and easy to get around. For its size, however, it does boast an interesting array of shops, as well as a full-size Tesco. There are many cafes, pubs, and tea rooms that are reasonably priced, as well as shops selling local Welsh handicrafts.
Visit Cardigan- official Tourist Website
Theatre Mwldan- art gallery, cafe, theatre, and cinema located in Cardigan
Rhyd Country House - a B & B, as well as an upscale restaurant that uses its own produce
Cardigan Bay SAC
Cardiganshire Coast and Country - What to do, where to stay, as well as town guides for towns in Cardiganshire (Ceredigion)
We went to Cardigan for an overnight stay in November of 2006 to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed at the Rhyd Country House, a B & B, and had dinner at their fairly upscale restaurant, the Wishing Well. We enjoyed walking around Cardigan Center and going in to the various shops, and they were just starting to decorate the town for Christmas, giving it a nice homey feel. We had lunch on Saturday at the Priory Cafe, a small cafe split in half. We ate in the bottom half, which is a laid-back, cafeteria feeling area, but had a peek at the upstairs which is fancier, although uses the same menu. On Sunday we went back into town and caught the new James Bond movie at their cinema, which also hosts an art gallery, stage, and cafe. It is really very nice and modern and the cinema tickets extremely reasonably priced. We had a dream tea at the Castell Tearoom, which boasts live music on Saturday nights.
We had a cream tea at the Castle Café and aside from being very reasonably priced, it was also extremely good. For 1.95... more travel advice
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Cardigan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cardigan
- Hotels in Cardigan
- Nightlife in Cardigan
- Restaurants in Cardigan
- Shopping in Cardigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cardigan
- 3 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Cardigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardigan
Photos in CardiganSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues