"Glastonbury" Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury by Krumlovgirl

Glastonbury Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 434 photos

Glastonbury is a wonderful town, full of magic. A place of pilgrimage for the Christians and non-Christians alike, it is a town full of mystery and great energy. The Glastonbury Tor is reputed to be the location of the mystical Isle of Avalon, as well as home to fairyland. The chalice garden is supposedly where the Holy Grail is burried. And then you have the Glastonbury Abbey, where Joseph of Ariimathea set down his staff and spurned the Holy Thorn tree, as well as being the supposed gravesite of King Arthur. It's also a wonderful place to people-watch. Lots of New-Age shops and unique gifts.

More Photos

I have more loads more Glastonbury photos on my external pages. Check them out here... My Glastonbury Photo Albums

• Last visit to Glastonbury: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 21, 2006

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Thanks, Rebecca, for a great page. Good info, great personal insights and lovely photos.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2007 at 2:56 AM

A lovely place. I visited it ages ago and can't remember seeing the Chalice Gardens. The Goddess Temple? It may not have been there at the time. Never mind, I wouldn't make a good priestess of Avalon anyway. Very nice page with lovely pictures.

• Spincat's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2006 at 7:03 AM

One of my favourite places too (I am stalking JohntheFinn again). I keep getting invites to a Goddess Conference as result of visiting the temple!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2006 at 2:02 AM

Hello, Becky, thanks for the story! It was great!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2006 at 5:01 PM

Nice to read about the `real` Glastonbury rather than some rag showing pics of hippies in mud! I miss òl Blighty and magic to see ya pics and tips... Ex-IsleOfWighter......In Budapest..Tim

• morgenhund's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2005 at 4:09 PM

That cream tea has given me an idea about doing some baking this weekend! You know more about the place than I do - and I come from Taunton! Mike

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Badges & Stats in Glastonbury

Have you been to Glastonbury?

Latest Activity in Glastonbury