"Stonehenge" Top 5 Page for this destination Stonehenge by Krumlovgirl
Stonehenge Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 547 photos
Stonehenge was one of the few things that I found myself really excited to visit. I mean, it's Stonehenge. I grew up looking at pictures of it and seeing it on television. Because we had a limited time in London we took a small guided tour to Stonehenge. On that same tour we also saw crop circles, the Avebury stone circle, Glastonbury, and the Chalice Gardens. It was one awesome tour.
The only thing that disappointed me with Stonehenge was that I felt like I was on a cattle drive. Although we arrived as soon as it opened, within minutes there were hundreds of people there. You can't actually touch the rocks on the basic tours either. They're roped off. You can do an "after hours" tour but they cost a little more and we didn't have the time at that moment. Still, it was pretty awesome to be driving along in the bus and then all of a sudden look out and window and see Stonehenge looming before you.
- Pros:It's Stonehenge!
- Cons:Gets a little crowded. Try to get there early.
Of course Stonehenge must have its own giftshop. Actually, it's not that bad. I bought some stuff there myself. Although... more travel advice
You probably want to be there as soon as it opens. Lots and lots of tour groups go there and tourists with tripods and... more travel advice
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Stonehenge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Stones, At Last!"
- "Ancient Monuments"
- "Stonehenge, my least favorite daytrip from London"
- "STONEHENGE The Prehistoric Mystery"
- "Those stones at Stonehenge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stonehenge
- Hotels in Stonehenge
- Transportation in Stonehenge
- Restaurants in Stonehenge
- Shopping in Stonehenge
- Warnings and Dangers in Stonehenge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stonehenge
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Stonehenge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stonehenge
Photos in StonehengeSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues