"Stonehenge" Top 5 Page for this destination Stonehenge by Krumlovgirl

Stonehenge Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 547 photos

Stonehenge

Stonehenge was one of the few things that I found myself really excited to visit. I mean, it's Stonehenge. I grew up looking at pictures of it and seeing it on television. Because we had a limited time in London we took a small guided tour to Stonehenge. On that same tour we also saw crop circles, the Avebury stone circle, Glastonbury, and the Chalice Gardens. It was one awesome tour.

The only thing that disappointed me with Stonehenge was that I felt like I was on a cattle drive. Although we arrived as soon as it opened, within minutes there were hundreds of people there. You can't actually touch the rocks on the basic tours either. They're roped off. You can do an "after hours" tour but they cost a little more and we didn't have the time at that moment. Still, it was pretty awesome to be driving along in the bus and then all of a sudden look out and window and see Stonehenge looming before you.

• Pros:It's Stonehenge!
  • Cons:Gets a little crowded. Try to get there early.
  • Intro Written Aug 18, 2005

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2008 at 4:51 PM

A site like Stonehenge is going to get LOTS of visitors, but I agree with you....it would be much better to see it with less of a crowd.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2006 at 4:35 AM

Your tip to get there early is good, but why repeat it three times?

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Badges & Stats in Stonehenge

Have you been to Stonehenge?

Latest Activity in Stonehenge