"A Better Trip the Second Time" Zagreb Region by Krumlovgirl
Zagreb Region Travel Guide: 2,078 reviews and 5,636 photos
After my first fateful trip to Zagreb (read the travelogue below if you want more information about that one) I returned with a little trepidation. This time around was MUCH better. I stayed at a fantastic hostel, the Ravnice Hostel, after being nearly traumatized at the Omaldinski Hostel and had an excellent experience. It was clean, friendly, and although the location was far from the center, it was only a cheap cab ride away. Thanks to the owner for a nice stay!
I only had about 24 hours to spend wandering around the city so I didn't get the chance to do much. I mostly stayed in the touristy area and didn't venture out much from that general vicinity, but depsite the torrents of rain that kept falling throughout the day I found the city to be lovely. It was laid out in a way that reminded me of Munich and Frankfurt, but had a decidedly Balkan feel to it that I liked. I spent a lot of time in the open markets and at the Museum of Ethnology where I saw my first real mummy-excellent.
* There's a new railpass available if you want to travel in Austria, Slovenia, and Croatia. This might be worth it if you plan on traveling long distances-just remember that the rail system stops down around Split and from then on out you'll have to take the bus.
4 days in 2 months $230.00
Additional Rail Days $34.00
Book Hostels Online
Read Hostel Reviews
I visited this museum in 2004 and was very impressed by its exhibits. The permanent exhibits include a Prehistoric... more travel advice
One of my favorite things to buy in Zagreb (or anywhere in Croatia for that matter) are colored, decorated eggs. I... more travel advice
Krumlovgirl's Related Pages
Zagreb Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Better Trip the Second Time"
- "Enchanting Zagreb"
- "Cosy city"
- "It is my hometown."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zagreb Region
- Hotels in Zagreb Region
- Transportation in Zagreb Region
- Nightlife in Zagreb Region
- Restaurants in Zagreb Region
- Shopping in Zagreb Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagreb Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zagreb Region
- 9 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Zagreb Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagreb Region
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 90 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 47 reviews, 104 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kentucky Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 42 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berea Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lampeter Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 9 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues