"A Better Trip the Second Time" Zagreb Region by Krumlovgirl

Zagreb Region Travel Guide: 2,044 reviews and 5,162 photos

After my first fateful trip to Zagreb (read the travelogue below if you want more information about that one) I returned with a little trepidation. This time around was MUCH better. I stayed at a fantastic hostel, the Ravnice Hostel, after being nearly traumatized at the Omaldinski Hostel and had an excellent experience. It was clean, friendly, and although the location was far from the center, it was only a cheap cab ride away. Thanks to the owner for a nice stay!

I only had about 24 hours to spend wandering around the city so I didn't get the chance to do much. I mostly stayed in the touristy area and didn't venture out much from that general vicinity, but depsite the torrents of rain that kept falling throughout the day I found the city to be lovely. It was laid out in a way that reminded me of Munich and Frankfurt, but had a decidedly Balkan feel to it that I liked. I spent a lot of time in the open markets and at the Museum of Ethnology where I saw my first real mummy-excellent.

Useful Info.

* There's a new railpass available if you want to travel in Austria, Slovenia, and Croatia. This might be worth it if you plan on traveling long distances-just remember that the rail system stops down around Split and from then on out you'll have to take the bus.

4 days in 2 months $230.00

Additional Rail Days $34.00

Useful Links

Book Hostels Online

Read Hostel Reviews

• Last visit to Zagreb Region: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2005

• Apr 26, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Coming Budapest to Zagreb in mid May. Flying from Zagreb to Dubrovnik, but luggage will be over 30 lb. weight . Am I able to stash heavier luggage in stored luggage and retrieve it a week later? Thanks, sheilah@alumni.rice.edu

• travelife's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2005 at 2:07 PM

Colored egg is something I could remember at once! Thanks

• Zo72's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2004 at 12:48 AM

Sorry for your bad luck in Zagreb. :( Trams in Zagreb should stop at every stop.

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Badges & Stats in Zagreb Region

Have you been to Zagreb Region?

Latest Activity in Zagreb Region