"Boise...City of trees according to the French." Top 5 Page for this destination Boise by crazyk
Boise Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 271 photos
Welcome to Boise, a city with a population of about 185,000 and counting.
One of the fastest growing metro areas in the United States, which means more traffic and strip malls, but we have finally hit it big with our first PF Chang's opening sometime in the fall of 2005.
The reason for the name "Boise", goes back to when the 19th century French Canadian fur trappers were struggling to get across the owyhee desert, they eventually found an oasis by the now known Boise river.
The trappers used the words "les bois!" aggressively and then the name stuck.
Now, anytime any French people are in Boise and say "les bois!", they are probably at a strip mall next to a wal-mart where they plant trees in the medians of the parking lot.
Well, enjoy your trip here and check out our capital building, it's neat.
- Pros:Usually sunny and dry, mountains are close.
- Cons:Area going through explosive growth and not prepared for it.
- In a nutshell:Nice downtown with the outdoors minutes away.
The city of Boise is experiencing a huge inflation of house prices because of the growth, houses that cost around 130k... more travel advice
This area of town has restaurants, clubs, bars, and hot dog stands for drunks after 2 am. These buildings have been... more travel advice
- See All Northview rd.
- See All The Boise State Broncos.
- The Boise Greenbelt.
- See All Ribs and great service.
- See All Duelling pianos
crazyk's Related Pages
Boise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boise...City of trees according to the French."
- "My Home Away From Home"
- "Capitol with Emerging Identity"
- "Boise, Idaho.. more than potatos..."
- "Boise Idaho"
- "A Quick Trip to Boise"
- "Boise - Idaho's "Primate City""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boise
- Hotels in Boise
- Transportation in Boise
- Nightlife in Boise
- Restaurants in Boise
- Shopping in Boise
- Warnings and Dangers in Boise
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boise
- 23 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Boise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boise
Top 10 Pages
- Meridian Intro, 42 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boise Intro, 23 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palm Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Victoria Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- McCall Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Seattle Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Miami Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
Latest Boise hotel reviews
- Doubletree Hotel Boise Riverside
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Anniversary Inn Boise
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- J.J. Shaw House Bed and Breakfast Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 8, 2010
- AmeriTel Inn Boise Towne Square
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- The Grove Hotel
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
- 303 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Best Western Vista Inn at the Airport
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel 43
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Holiday Inn Boise Airport
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013