"Nice area for new families" San Ramon by supune
San Ramon Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 2 photos
I lived with my aunt's family while going to school at Berkeley. It was a 25 mile commute but with free board and my grandmother and aunt's cooking giving me free warm meals everyday, it was an easy choice. I'll be forever grateful to my aunt and uncle for letting me stay there.
The picture is of my cousins Malsy and Bubsy. They remind me so much of the sibling rivalry my sister and I had. They are so similar to us, it's scary. They were also my best friends while I was away from home trying to learn something.
I got my first real job in San Ramon. I worked as a web developer and customer care technician in California's first cable modem trial. The company was called Pacific Bell Video Services, and they gave full premium cable service as well as video on demand and broadband internet for free to our 12 trial customers. The project was pulled after SBC bought Pacific Bell.
The streets were flooded up to the freeways when it was quitting time with Pacbell employees.
The creator of Dilbert supposedly worked in the building next to the one I worked in. It was funny how even the employees of this large company made fun of thier own "corporate" ways.
San Ramon is right next to the ultra-rich neighborhood of Black Hawk. I've seen some nice cars roll by (Ferraris, Bentlys, etc). We drove through there just to see the size of the rich people's houses. Murton Hanks, formerly of the San Fransico 49ers, almost hit my little Honda Civic with his BMW supersport one morning. And I saw Chris Mullin, of Golden State Warrior fame, in our neighborhood Blockbuster video store.
- Pros:Nice family oriented people. Most families were young.
- Cons:expensive track houses. San Ramon Valley's weather was usually 10 degrees hotter in the summer time compared to berkeley
- In a nutshell:If the people here weren't so nice, I would call it yuppie-ville
The best time to go is during the times they serve Lunch Buffet. The food is good and at a very reasonable price. Dinner... more travel advice
For such a unknown city like San Ramon, people came to play basketball from all over the bay area. I've met people that... more travel advice
supune's Related Pages
San Ramon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice area for new families"
- "Where we are living now... San Ramon, California"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Ramon
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to San Ramon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Ramon
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rosarito Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carson Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Manhattan Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawthorne Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos