"Where I live now." Top 5 Page for this destination Carson by supune

Carson Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos

Diversity

Carson is a diverse city. One part is regarded as "The Black Beverly Hills". Then there is another part that is almost all Philipino. Carson also boasts of at least 3 great Sri Lankan families (including my cousins' and mine!). But other ethnicities are sprinkled all over the city. You can see the great turn out during the annual Martin Luther King Day celebration at the Carson Mall. As any Los Angeles suburb, diversty is the best thing about living in Carson.

Features

Carson is full of parks where you can play Basketball, Tennis, or find playgrounds for little kids. We have a nice Shopping mall at the South Bay Pavillion wtih big stores like Sears and JC Penny as well as many specialty Mom and Pop Stores. It is very slow on weekdays, but the crowd pics up on Weekends and holidays.
We even have our own fully accredited State University at CSU Domiguez Hills.
The California Academy of Math and Sciences also calls Carson home, I'm proud to say my Cousin is an 'A' student there.

Home Town Heros

Carson can brag of many hometown heros.
Singer and Pop star Brandy went to the same Junior High as my cousin
Pro-Football Players Curtis Conway and J.R. Redmond are from Carson.
The city is home turf for rappers like Rass Kass and the DA Ridaz
Even though Venus and Serena Williams call nearby compton home, they practiced at Anderson park across the street from my cousin's house.
My friends' family actually lives in (olympic figure skater) Michele Qwan's old house.

• Pros:quiet, diverse & growing city located 20min from downtown L.A.
  • Cons:spread out and sleepy
  • In a nutshell:the city between Compton and Long Beach
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2006

• risse73's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM

BTW...It's not only Forest Whitaker, but also Quentin Tarantino who are proud to have lived in Carson. Cheers!

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Your home town is a nice place to be. Very good tips.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Nice start on your Carson page Supun! Interesting comments too!!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2006 at 11:46 PM

Nice page! Great info! Thanks for sharing!

• Agonz3's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2004 at 12:39 PM

Nice Carson page, I actually did my undergrad over at CSU Dominguez Hills. Happy Holidays.

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2004 at 3:41 PM

Lovely home page the golf sounds great!!

• May 24, 2003 at 8:11 AM

Wow! I don't think I want to park my car here! Thanks for the warning

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2003 at 9:44 PM

I won't bug you about the pic'c Supune , yubert and others did that allready , this is the first page i have seen with more sport travel tips then other tips combined,haha Good info.

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2003 at 9:53 PM

I do not know how ya did it but you almost made Carson sound inviting...haha... Yes I think it is time that E-Mom got you a digital camera.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 2:51 PM

Great page! It sounds like you really like it there! Can't wait to see photos too... :)

supune Lives Here!

supune

“When your tired ass gets home say sumthin nasty”

Badges & Stats in Carson