"Where I live now." Top 5 Page for this destination Carson by supune
Carson Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
Carson is a diverse city. One part is regarded as "The Black Beverly Hills". Then there is another part that is almost all Philipino. Carson also boasts of at least 3 great Sri Lankan families (including my cousins' and mine!). But other ethnicities are sprinkled all over the city. You can see the great turn out during the annual Martin Luther King Day celebration at the Carson Mall. As any Los Angeles suburb, diversty is the best thing about living in Carson.
Carson is full of parks where you can play Basketball, Tennis, or find playgrounds for little kids. We have a nice Shopping mall at the South Bay Pavillion wtih big stores like Sears and JC Penny as well as many specialty Mom and Pop Stores. It is very slow on weekdays, but the crowd pics up on Weekends and holidays.
We even have our own fully accredited State University at CSU Domiguez Hills.
The California Academy of Math and Sciences also calls Carson home, I'm proud to say my Cousin is an 'A' student there.
Carson can brag of many hometown heros.
Singer and Pop star Brandy went to the same Junior High as my cousin
Pro-Football Players Curtis Conway and J.R. Redmond are from Carson.
The city is home turf for rappers like Rass Kass and the DA Ridaz
Even though Venus and Serena Williams call nearby compton home, they practiced at Anderson park across the street from my cousin's house.
My friends' family actually lives in (olympic figure skater) Michele Qwan's old house.
- Pros:quiet, diverse & growing city located 20min from downtown L.A.
- Cons:spread out and sleepy
- In a nutshell:the city between Compton and Long Beach
Back Home in Lahaina is a great Hawiian restaurant. You get big portions of meat! Lunch Entrees cost about $7-9.... more travel advice
The Goodyear blimp, Spirit of America, is headquatered in Carson. I've heard you can schedule rides on the blimp when... more travel advice
supune's Related Pages
Carson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where I live now."
- "Carson has it all-IKEA, Jollibee, Goodyear Blimp!"
- "Carson, CA"
- "Dog Night At Los Angeles Riptide Game"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carson
- Hotels in Carson
- Restaurants in Carson
- Warnings and Dangers in Carson
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Carson
- 9 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Carson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carson
Photos in CarsonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rosarito Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carson Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Manhattan Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawthorne Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
Latest Carson hotel reviews
- Hilton Carson Civic Plaza
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013