"Lived here while studying at the UC" Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley by supune

Berkeley Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 395 photos

I lived in Berkeley for about 2 years. I rented a studio apt my freshman year and then moved to a single room closer to campus. But in the end I found it was more convienient commuting to school.

The people here are very nice and open. As any major college town, there were always things to do and see (if only I had paid attention to them more). Even though Berzerkley has earned a name as a radical place, it seemed alot more mellow than I expected.

The best thing I've done here is talk to the bums who all seem to have interesting stories. If I was rich, I'd definitely move back there.

Thanks for checking this page out.

So far, my Berkeley page has got the most response from other viewers. Check out my travelogues for some personal thoughts.

• Pros:Cool people from bums with PhDs to old hippies.
  • Cons:cost of living too high and too much of a hassel to drive a car.
  • In a nutshell:Hip college town(but not as cool as you'd think it would be)
  • Intro Updated Jul 17, 2007

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM

The rose garden really is a jewel when the flowers are in full bloom. It's also a great jumping off point for a whole series of paths and trails into the north Berkeley hills - right behind Codornices

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2005 at 3:58 PM

I wanted to visit UC Berkeley because Polish Nobel Prize winner in literature Milosz was a professor there - that's why most Poles know Berkeley. Very interesting UC Berkeley Ancedote!

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 10:07 AM

Ever go to Cesar on Shattuck, next door to Chez Panisse? GREAT tapas and strong drinks...not cheap though but VERY GOOD! Next time you're up here, we should go there.

• Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2004 at 3:06 PM

Really interesting, I wasn't put off by the fact there weren't many pictures as soon as I started to read your pages - it really IS a great read. Hi from Belgium.

• Jul 13, 2003 at 6:44 PM

Cal the best school in Cali? I don’t know about that…Anyway, regarding your anecdote. The years I was in college there were a few suicides committed. So sad….

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2003 at 5:06 AM

Great page here and I really enjoyed your writing style. Berkeley sounds like a place to remember. thanks!

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 9:44 PM

How about Vik's for some fast, cheap and tasty eats?

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2003 at 10:42 PM

Thanks for the interesting look at Berkeley Supun! Aren't you glad you finished school?

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 10:41 PM

Great page of Berkeley , bum's will be found everywhere, you got good information Supune.

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 6:51 PM

Great page here Supune... That bum was prolly an ex uni teacher. Keep the pages coming...

supune Used To Live Here!

supune

“When your tired ass gets home say sumthin nasty”

Badges & Stats in Berkeley

Have you been to Berkeley?