"Supun Edirisinghe says, "Hello"" supune's Profile
I visited Egypt and South Africa in January. We were in Kruger park and were lucky to have a pack of elephants cross the street just behind our tour truck in the morning and then in the afternoon to have a real live free pride of lions cross the road just in front of us. I finally saw the pyramids. I still have to put my pics and tips up on the site.
I finally went back to visit Sri Lanka after 15 years! I have a few additions to my Sri Lanka intro and will have tips soon
I finally have tips up for Istanbul
on Oct 21, 2006, I went skydiving
I'm an uncle
I still need to start on my India pages. I went with friends from Be The Cause and we hooked up with Manav Sadhna.
See picture galleries from the Sept 24th, 2005 VT Meeting in Long Beach, CA! Thanks to everyone that came.
To get back in the swing of making VT pages, I made this page about me.
The most Exotic places I have info on so far are Sri Lanka , Romania and Berkeley. Don't laugh, I've only begun to build. And I haven't traveled much yet. See my Hawthorne page for some anecdotes about when my family first came to the US. People have given me great feedback on my Oakland page. I have a Carson page if anyone is interested in the city where I live now. Also check out my California page too.
I plan to be making some local pages as well as a Cabo San Lucas, Mexico page.
Check out the Manhattan Beach page with links and pics from the Big 2002 VT Member Weekender.
Check out my "Personal Albums". The albums and travelogues are one of my favorite features of this site, you get a free form to put annecdotes and personal stuff. Another feature I like is the friends list. I use it alot when I just browse around on other VTers' pages.
I haven't actually got a chance to travel that much. But, after seeing all the experiences other VTers have been nice enough to share, I'm really inspired to get out there.
I was born in Sri Lanka. My family came to the US in 1982. We lived in a suburb of LA then moved to Santa Clarita before I started high school. I attended college at Berkeley. And now I'm back with my family in the suburbs of LA.
I am currently making my Romania pages, where I visited last sept. I have a really cool pen pal there and 11dana has inspired me to go check it out. I didn't really know too much about the country, so it was a real adventure. I have started with Bucharest. See who I met at the Sept 10th, 2004 Bucharest Meeting
Until I joined Virtualtourist, the only vactions I can brag about are going back to Sri Lanka when I was younger (twice), driving up to Canada with my parents (twice), Going down to Baja California, going camping (been to alot of California's state and national parks, again in my younger days), and taking an adventurous trip to Romania to meet a pen pal.
My grandmother on my mother's side and my grandfather on my father's side named me. It's not a unique name since I know 3 other Supuns. My name is really ironic because "Supun" means something like "Fully Complete" (for example the full moon would be supun santha in sinhala). If you know me, you would know that I'm the farthest thing from being fully complete--just like my VT pages, as you can tell they are under construction. But since life is a journey, they should always be under construction, right? :)
The new motto is from some George Clinton or P-Funk song title. I've never heard the song, just seen it listed as sample credit on rap albums. So, when you crazy travelers come back, don't forget to write about all the new and exciting and different things you see and experience. :)
This is about my old motto, which is on the shelf temporarily, was "Get in where you fit in." In case you were wondering, the motto isn't refering to being a conformist or "bowing down to the matrix".
What I was refering to can be best explained by the following:
"...In the long run you've got nothing to prove
life to me is like the funk in the groove
you've got to get right in where you belong
find the right beat and then ride the song."
I've been told happiness comes when you have Balance & Options: being able to do what you want to and being content with the choices you make. Some of you more metaphysical types would call it "finding your cosmic spot".
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 145 Reviews
- 238 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 44 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- supune and Dancer_75 are now friends.
- created a Philippines Travel Page "Green Islands"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Green Islands"
- Wrote a Review Find a car service if you're not familiar in Kabul Transportation
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Route 66 must dos"
updated their Personal Page "Page About Me"
- Commented on Phalaenopsis03's profile page
- Uploaded a Video to Pinnawala
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rosarito Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carson Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Manhattan Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawthorne Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54009 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7702 Reviews - 19813 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos