alek hasn't come back to VirtualTourist in a while.
Meet other members!

Destination Pages

Travel Map

henri123's Profile Photo
henri123 Dec 22, 2014 at 7:42 AM

happy birthday alek, from canada...

Pijlmans's Profile Photo
Pijlmans Dec 22, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Sreken rodenden Aleksandar!

BeaK25 Apr 18, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'cost taxi from ohrid airport to elshani village'. I appreciate your advice.

nana1911's Profile Photo
nana1911 Apr 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'accomodation in St Joakim Osogovski '. You've been a huge help.

SOLODANCER's Profile Photo
SOLODANCER Feb 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Alek, if you're looking for a bargain little great hotel in Lisbon, consider Pensao Londres in the bohemian neighborhood of Bairro Alto. If you're interested I have a review of the hotel in my Lisbon page. I will be back in Lisbon end of this May and all of June. It's my favorite city, after NYC of course. Email me if you have particular questions.

• alek's Profile Photo
    alek Feb 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Hi, thanks for the suggestion but we have already booked small apartment in that neighbourhood :) But maybe I do have a question for you, do you have experience with rent-a-car in Portugal? How safe is Portugal for this or extra car insurance is a must?

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo
    SOLODANCER Feb 11, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Hi, Alek, you should wait until you get there to rent a car, it would cost you less where you can negotiate and bargain for sure. There are plenty of choices and you don't have to make up your mind right away. So asks around once you're there, even the Portuguese Tourist Office can help you. Also, the advantage of renting the car in Lisbon is that you do it according to how your travel schedule, situation and options develop when you're there. Plans always change once we get to our destination. Better to be flexible than renting ahead and paying down the cost which you may never be able to get refund if your options change. Don't you worry you'll have no problem with this once in Portugal. Good luck and I'm here if there are more questions you might need to ask.

Charmaine72 Jan 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Dear Alec.
We are a family from Holland and want to go on holiday to Htel Gravit in July with two kids 6 an 8 years. Is there something for the kids!!! and can we go on a n excersie by boat!!!
Hope you can tell me more
regards Charmaine

Pijlmans's Profile Photo
Pijlmans Dec 4, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Hello, hope you don't mind me adding you as a friend! It's always good to have friends in Macedonia! Maybe you can make some pages with tips for my next visit :-) Dennis

mirianamak's Profile Photo
mirianamak Jan 19, 2008 at 5:15 AM

Pozdrav od Prilep! Ajde nesto za ubaviot Ohrid da mu pokazeme na svetot! Mirjana

MacedonianUK's Profile Photo
MacedonianUK Dec 16, 2007 at 5:04 AM

Sreken Rodenden!!Valentina

irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
irishgalmtl Dec 22, 2006 at 2:30 AM

Hi Id like to wish you many blessing on your special day and always. Happy Birthday!! Cheers!Seasons Greetings from Montreal. Be safe..Donna :)