"A Disappointment" Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo by zrim

San José del Cabo Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 130 photos

Sure there was plenty of sun, sand, aqua blue water and tropical breezes. But the place is generic. Resorts piled up on top of each other. Any time I left the compound, I got hassled by people peddling cheap jewelry, trinkets and blankets. How many times can you say, nope, sorry, not interested, leave me alone, before the whole exercise gets pretty monotonous.

Having said that, there were two memorable experiences: 1. being trailed by a squadron of pelicans returning from the deep sea fishing trip and 2. watching the hatchings of a hundred sea turtles and following their struggles to make it back to the sea before being gobbled up by larger creatures. See the tips section for more info.

• Pros:perfect climate
  • Cons:lots of hassling by the locals
  • In a nutshell:too touristy
  • Last visit to San José del Cabo: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 22, 2003

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 7:13 AM

could you suggest me a nice but not too much touristic village in Baja California, where to spend some relaxing days under the sun?

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2004 at 4:16 AM

I agree with you about fishing... I love seafood but yanking a hook into the mouth of little guy swimming along minding his own business is not for me..... I fished as a kid, but no more......

• R.Dettmann's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2004 at 8:04 PM

Wow big Fish action! That's one of the next places I'd liked to dive! Nice page!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2004 at 12:56 PM

Love the pelican and turtle tales

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2003 at 6:08 AM

"The old man and the sea"... Oops! I mean: "Phil and the sea" ;-) Despite you felt disappointed, your page is really nice... Your tips about the beautiful nature are great.

• joefred28's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 5:58 PM

Well, you did have some interesting moments even if you were not too happy there.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2003 at 1:47 PM

Great nature there! Where are that hordes of tourists? I love The Pelican Patrol :-))) And did you finally ate the fish you caught?

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 3:08 PM

Great page on a place that disappointed you so! I wish I was there to see the turtles hatch, how cool! Thanks!! :-)

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 7:54 PM

Nice job! I hope you ate that fish.

• sambarnett's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2003 at 8:55 PM

Yes, glad to see you made the most of a Gringo-fied Mexicano town. Crank Los Lobos or Los Tigres del Norte, think of the struggle in Chiapas and indulge the real Mexico.

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in San José del Cabo

Have you been to San José del Cabo?

Photos in San José del Cabo