"Kananaskis Country: Less Hectic than Banff" Top 5 Page for this destination Kananaskis Lakes by zrim

Kananaskis Lakes Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 249 photos

We pulled into Calgary about 4:30 p.m. on July 1st. We could have explored the city but I was itching to see the mountains. Kananaskis Country was not on our itinerary, but with the sun not setting until after 10:00 p.m. I suggested that we take a drive into the mountains around Kanaskis Lake. It was just the thing to introduce us to the splendors of the Canadian Rockies. Traffic was light and we saw more animals than people.

• Last visit to Kananaskis Lakes: Jul 2003
  • Intro Written Dec 14, 2003

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2004 at 8:39 AM

Amazing pictures and landscapes! Haha, I live very close to John Paul II Avenue (pope from Poland)! If folks agree to name places with living persons, why not? What about Zrim Street? :-) So, my Q is whether majority liked former Premier of Alberta?

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2004 at 3:09 PM

Are those your pictures? Look so beautiful.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2003 at 9:01 AM

Great pictures as usual. The landscape smacks partly of North Dakota, partly of Grand Teton.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2003 at 2:03 PM

Brilliant pics again, Phil. These clouds are in fact very special and add a special touch to the great landscape !

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 9:53 AM

Fantastic opening shot! Looks like it was worth going here rather than spend time in the city!

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Kananaskis Lakes

Have you been to Kananaskis Lakes?