"The Minute and the Majestic" Kootenay National Park by zrim

Kootenay National Park Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 118 photos

The mountain vistas are fantastic, but I found myself fascinated by all the small growing things underfoot. Add a few bighorned sheep, a moose and a couple deer and Kootenay turned out to be an adventure that I will long remember.

• Pros:life in all it's glorious forms
  • Last visit to Kootenay National Park: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 19, 2003

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Lovely page, wished I had the time to do the walking you did! One of my favorites, and you have done it proud!

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Hello Phil, Nice pages. Thank you very much and happy new year to you. Tomas Eriksson :)

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2006 at 5:11 AM

Had a chance to drive through here on Easter weekend. It was really pretty in early spring...and no tourists to contend with.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 12:20 AM

I live relatively close and have not visited. This is definitely a higher priority. Thanks for showing your photos. Your writing also illustrates that you've done your homework. ;) As for Radium Hot Springs - ditto!

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2004 at 4:30 AM

Great photos and a good read. My wife and I were here 3 years ago. Greetings from australia.

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2004 at 1:52 AM

From where I sit that stream is a most heavenly shade of blue. Thanks for a virtual walk on the (Canadian) Wild Side!

• GillianMcLaughlin's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2004 at 3:36 AM

Well I came in search of wolves and bears... found some sheep and a moose from somewhere else, but it was far from a wasted journey! Great stuff Phil, really evocative and great photos.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 12:39 PM

Outstanding page Phil. You are a leading authority on Canadian National Parks.

• KazigluBey's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2003 at 7:52 PM

Very nice, I've been through the Kootenay valley in Canada and the Kootenai in the USA. Same valley, different spelling. Very breath-taking indeed.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2003 at 4:43 AM

More temptation and a sad story about a canyon. Worth a visit as always.

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Kootenay National Park

Have you been to Kootenay National Park?

Latest Activity in Kootenay National Park