"A midsummer's night in the land of Al Capone" Moose Jaw by zrim

Moose Jaw Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 37 photos

After an insufferable drive across the southeastern portion of Saskatchewan into a blinding sun, we finally hit Moose Jaw about 8:30 p.m. on June 30, 2003. We had been held up at the U.S./Canada border crossing for an hour and a half because the vehicle in front of us had mistakenly assumed that it would be a breeze to bring drugs into Canada. Apparently, they did not realize that even the loneliest of border crossings has a golden retriever on duty. So all we wanted in Moose Jaw was a good dinner, some good Canadian beers and a good night's sleep. One out of three is still a .333 batting average (we got the sleep we needed).

• Pros:delightful and playful murals
  • Cons:A strong smell of refineries
  • Last visit to Moose Jaw: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2003

• Mar 10, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Actually the Brunswick Hotel has been not properly cared for and now is in such bad repair the Little Chicago Development Company is proceeding with demolition of the building on River Street and replace it with a heritage themed tourist attraction

• RACCOON1's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 7:51 AM

Interesting . When my family lived in Calgary we would drive PAST MJ on our vacations . We rarely stopped ,even for gas. One time we had to stay overnight . All I remember was Kentucky Fried Chicken was the only place one could get food.

• mafi_moya's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2004 at 3:47 AM

I used to play ice hockey as a kid in Britain and this part of Canada used to feel like my spiritual home! Fascinating to see what it's really like!!

• kazander's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 11:27 AM

The hotel looks like it definately deserves some investigation!! Next time I'm up that way I'll have to stop by! LOL

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2004 at 8:58 AM

A very interesting a well-done page! I always wondered what was in Moose Jaw!

• GillianMcLaughlin's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2004 at 4:27 AM

Crumbs Phil - this is really creepy - my grandmother's sister emmigrated to Canada and lived in Moose Jaw - this is the first time I've seen, or thought of looking for where she lived!... Hope none of my cousins work in that bar you spoke about!

• Jan 10, 2004 at 2:46 PM

So this is what MooseJaw is all about eh? Good page!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2004 at 3:25 PM

I have never heard of Moose Jaw until just about 5 mins ago, thanks for sharing it with us, I just had to look at your page because of the interesting name

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2003 at 2:38 PM

I like the murals. Excellent page about the Capone city.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2003 at 12:59 PM

Moose Jaw is the "Mural Capital of Canada" I suppose. Very good page.

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Moose Jaw

Have you been to Moose Jaw?

Latest Activity in Moose Jaw