"Where the West begins" Jamestown by zrim
Jamestown Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 15 photos
When you catch sight of the world's largest buffalo while rolling along I-94, you have arrived in Jamestown, North Dakota. A cute little town nestled in some rolling hills, in the middle of nowhere. Fargo, ND is a couple hundred miles to the east and Bismarck, ND is still hundred miles to the west. So what do people do when they live in the middle of nowhere? They build giant buffalo.
- Pros:typical small-town America
- Cons:there are no other typical small-towns within 100 miles
- In a nutshell:if you don't stop here, that bathroom break will have to wait until Bismarck
This little beauty came by as we were viewing the large buffalo and wanted to make friends. Pretty horse. more travel advice
Located on Louis L'Amour Street (in honor of the famous western author who was born here) the Frontier Village seems... more travel advice
zrim's Related Pages
Jamestown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the West begins"
- "Basaic Jamestown Page"
- "rwells1500's new Jamestown Page"
- "JAMESTOWN, NORTH DAKOTA"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jamestown
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Jamestown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jamestown
Photos in JamestownSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 90 reviews, 108 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kootenay National Park Intro, 46 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Northfield Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos