"Where the West begins" Jamestown by zrim

Jamestown Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 8 photos

When you catch sight of the world's largest buffalo while rolling along I-94, you have arrived in Jamestown, North Dakota. A cute little town nestled in some rolling hills, in the middle of nowhere. Fargo, ND is a couple hundred miles to the east and Bismarck, ND is still hundred miles to the west. So what do people do when they live in the middle of nowhere? They build giant buffalo.

• Pros:typical small-town America
  • Cons:there are no other typical small-towns within 100 miles
  • In a nutshell:if you don't stop here, that bathroom break will have to wait until Bismarck
  • Last visit to Jamestown: Jun 2003
  • Intro Written Jul 23, 2003

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Hi Phil ~ Thanks for the tour of North Dakota. I'm trying to finish up my 50 States - so I'm checking out things to do. Right now I'm reading "Sacajawea" so that has heightened my interest in the Dakotas. Greetings from Augusta, Georgia

• JosM's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 5:22 PM

nice description and pictures of Jamestown

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2003 at 3:48 PM

No Peggy Lee museum? Is that all there is to Jamestown?

• RMath's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2003 at 1:44 PM

Very nice work, I am going to see ND for my summer vacation thanx

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2003 at 4:03 PM

I heard on the news a couple of days ago that there was another White Buffalo born in ND!! I like the frontier look of this town! I've wondered where west begins?? Thanks!! It's cool that you're #2!!!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2003 at 10:45 AM

Like it.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2003 at 11:26 AM

If memory serves I believe the world's "largest" Holstein cow was erected somewhere else in ND. I'll have to check my extensive files.

• AndyRG's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2003 at 2:31 AM

Bisons are impressive, but I prefer the little beauty on the last picture...

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Jamestown

Have you been to Jamestown?

Latest Activity in Jamestown