"Old Norske Fishing Town" Tofte by zrim
Tofte Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Tofte is a widening of Highway 61 about two hours northeast of Duluth on the shores of Lake Superior. It is almost exactly the halfway point between Duluth and the U.S./Canadian border. Tofte is now notable as a resort town. In the summer people from the Twin Cities drive up the North Shore of Lake Superior in search of cool temperatures. In the fall (really late summer) the hardwood trees on the hills and bluffs put on a show of brilliant color. In the winter the temperatures plummet below 0 degrees fahrenheit, but people still flock to the North Shore in search of winter sports such as downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and even dog-sledding.
The Temperance River has carved out a gorge through soft lava rock as it descends from the ancient Sawtooth Mountains to... more travel advice
The Bluefin properties are condominiums that are rented by the day, week or weekend. There is a wide variety of rooms... more travel advice
zrim's Related Pages
Tofte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Norske Fishing Town"
- "Excellent place to stay to visit the North Shore!"
- "Bluefin Bay"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tofte
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Tofte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tofte
Photos in TofteSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 90 reviews, 108 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kootenay National Park Intro, 46 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Northfield Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos