"My Town" Northfield by zrim

Northfield Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 85 photos

Northfield is a pleasant little city located 40 miles south of Minneapolis/St. Paul. It is the home to two very fine liberal arts colleges, a company that makes wet and dry cereal (Malt-O-Meal) and several high tech industries. More importantly, this is the spot that the infamous Jessie James Gang was routed by townsfolk upset that these guys would attempt to rob their bank.

The town's trademark is "Cows, Colleges and Contentment." Usually the pace of life here is a bit slower than urban areas and generally people are very friendly.

I love to travel and see the world. Any place that I go is an adventure. But the best part of any trip is walking through the front door when I get back home. Northfield is my home--I am most content when I wake up here.

• In a nutshell:represents what is good about small-town America
  • Last visit to Northfield: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2003

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Long live the lakes and may the geese always have a safe landing. Your hometown looks very much like the small rural towns in Michigan, close to where my parents now live. Yes, it is a nice place to be.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Nice college town. Great to see the building where you hang out most o fthe weekdays :)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Did a double-take here - 10,000 lakes - wow!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 6:18 PM

I see why Mother Earth likes Northfield. Great page, Phil. If I come will you buy me a beer at the Contented Cow?

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 6:49 PM

I dropped by the Contented Cow last week while passing through Minnesota on my way back to the U.P. It's nice out there on the deck!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 9:37 AM

Hi, Phil! It's a nice place to visit! Take care, mate!

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Phil, you are truly a world traveler.

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2006 at 4:54 AM

Superb neighbourhood, Phil! This Pye House...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2005 at 2:04 PM

Nice travelogues and tips on your home town. Too bad about the lack of passenger trains.

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2005 at 8:36 PM

Howdy, Neighbor! Lived down the road 4 miles in Dundas 'til age 4. Dad managed the Lumber Yard there & raised Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, always had about 6 pups under foot. 1st visit back Sept 2005, saw our old house. Gr8 pics & memories! Doug

zrim Lives Here!

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Northfield

Have you been to Northfield?

Latest Activity in Northfield