"Will always occupy a special place in my memory" Grand Rapids by zrim

Grand Rapids Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 28 photos

Grand Rapids is where I was married--a special day indeed. Therefore, Grand Rapids has a place in my heart and it was fun to get back for a visit this past September. I hadn't been back to the city since my in-laws moved away a decade ago.

Grand Rapids is famous for being the childhood home of Judy Garland and it has a large papermill. And that just about sums up the Grand Rapids experience.

• Last visit to Grand Rapids: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 6, 2003

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2004 at 7:38 PM

Hi Phil, We were just in Grand Rapids and loved it. A very neat little town. Nice tips!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2004 at 3:55 PM

Phil, I had not realized that I had stumbled onto your wedding page! It is a special day that will never be forgotten! Your Mississippi photo reminded me of wading into the Rio Grande in New Mexico - so shallow, yet they all have to start somewhere!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2003 at 5:50 PM

every big stream starts as a small river of course, but that tiny Mississippi looks in fact a bit unreal...

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 8:03 PM

Part travel account, part nostalgia lane, part commercial treatise, part state tourism director. You're a versatile guy, Phil. Glad Becky is not 4'11" to your 6'5". That's all I can say.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 5:40 PM

I'd love to see where the great river begins! Cool wedding photo!!

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Grand Rapids

Have you been to Grand Rapids?