"Alligator Bogs and Re-enactors" Fort Clinch State Park by zrim
Fort Clinch State Park Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 76 photos
I never heard of Fort Clinch prior to the last week of March 2004. I found myself on Amelia Island, Florida accompanying Becky while she attended meetings for work. I had days free to myself for either sitting in the sun or exploring. I chose to explore and thus came upon Fort Clinch in my wanderings along the northern section of Amelia Island.
What a place. My first fort! And miles of deserted beach. And best of all thick forests teaming with alligators. When you enter Fort Clinch the 21st Century disappears very quickly.
- Pros:history and nature side by side
- In a nutshell:a real find
Solitude is only a few footsteps away when you set off on the trails. From this vantage point the Amelia River is about... more travel advice
zrim's Related Pages
Fort Clinch State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Tip of Florida"
- "Alligator Bogs and Re-enactors"
- "Camping out on Thanksgiving"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Clinch State Park
- Hotels in Fort Clinch State Park
- Shopping in Fort Clinch State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Clinch State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fort Clinch State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Fort Clinch State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Clinch State Park
Photos in Fort Clinch State ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 90 reviews, 108 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kootenay National Park Intro, 46 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Northfield Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos