"More than just beaches, golf and resorts" Top 5 Page for this destination Amelia Island by zrim

Amelia Island Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 230 photos

Amelia Island offers lavish resorts including a Ritz Carlton and the Amelia Island Plantation. Hosts of vacationers come to this northeast Florida Island to play tennis, get in a few rounds of golf and hang out on the Atlantic beaches. That is all fine and dandy, but I found the real treasures of Amelia Island to be the carefully preserved Victorian architecture in the small town of Fernandina Beach and the superb state park at Fort Clinch. For specifics on those two places please visit my pages on each. This generic Amelia Island page will focus on the resort life that I mainly did not indulge in.

• Pros:hidden treasures like Fort Clinch
  • Cons:the resorts are very touristy
  • Last visit to Amelia Island: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 18, 2004

• Oct 5, 2007 at 5:41 PM

You sure don't get what you pay for...I agree. Its SO OVER RATED !

• Sep 18, 2006 at 9:31 PM

Your a lazy a$$hole, stay off our island or you might get smacked around like a little Fa@ next time, oh yea and if you want to know where I live just ask so if you don't want to look e like a sissy little toad come on down

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2004 at 11:42 PM

I guess by promoting the WildLife Center it makes the golfers feel good about themselves.....

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2004 at 7:59 AM

$160 for a round of golf at the Ritz, $3 for entrance to the State Park: there's a "moral" lurking in those numbers!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2004 at 8:54 AM

An excellent page describing how you made the best out of a 'bad' situation! I know what you feel like in these Resort-type places, I felt trapped during my last visit to Orlando! Still, Amelia's beauty cannot be denied!

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2004 at 3:52 PM

Phil.. Sometimes one can't see the forest for the trees. In Palm Springs we have a 6 lane nature preserve that runs through our valley.. that it is also very convenient for automobiles from Los Angeles is pure coincidence.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2004 at 3:35 PM

a great start with 4 tips ! The gey herons are my favorite birds to chase with my camera, but mostly they disappear before I may take my 400mm lens... :-((

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Amelia Island

Have you been to Amelia Island?

Latest Activity in Amelia Island