"Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain" Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park by zrim
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 629 photos
I suppose that most people know that the biggest trees in the world are found in California. The coastal redwoods are the tallest trees in the world and the sequoias are the largest trees by volume in the world. But, I don't think that most people differentiate between the two species. The redwoods are only found along the northern coast of California and rely upon constant moisture for their health. The sequoias, on the other hand, reside in the foothills and in the mountains of the Sierra. Half of the year snow covers the soil which they call home. The sequoias live in a mountain climate, 5000-8000 feet above sea level, and that might be a surprise to the novice who comes to Sequoia expecting the same sort of terrain that the coastal redwoods favor. If you vist Sequoia National Park be prepared for some mountain terrain and challenging hiking.
- Pros:The biggest trees on the planet earth
- In a nutshell:Look at the trees and find peace
My friend Scott (Herzog63) noticed that there was an eye in the front sequoia in the photo featured on my intro page.... more travel advice
There were a few decent sized forest fires within Sequoia National Park when we visited. The smoke made for poor... more travel advice
zrim's Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "Sierra Nevada at its Best - SEQUOIA NAT PARK"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Heckling Tiger Woods"
- Wrote a Review Can You See the Face? in Sequoia National Park Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spooky"
- updated a Sequoia National Park Travel Page "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- Commented on one of Acore_Beauty_4_U_Luv's Sequoia National Park travel pages
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 90 reviews, 108 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kootenay National Park Intro, 46 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Northfield Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (46)
Latest Sequoia National Park hotel reviews
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village
- 701 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013