"True Wilderness in the Last Frontier" Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park and Preserve by zrim

It takes a little effort to get to Wrangell-St. Elias and even more effort if you are going to see any of the 13 million acre park. But this is one of the last bastions where the footprint of mankind is barely visible.

• In a nutshell:remote
  • Last visit to Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park and Preserve: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 2, 2004

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2006 at 1:04 PM

Wrangell-St. Elias looks like a beautiful park, but it seems very dangerous, too. Hope to make it to that area someday

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 6:55 AM

We found ourselves crossing the Copper River and in a world that you have included with these picts. Our means of transportation was a rental truck camper. Those massive mountains became intimadating as we drove.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 12:01 PM

A very interesting page. I've been just inside the border of Wrangell-Saint Elias NP twice, but was afraid to risk my rental car to Kennecott. Maybe next time I'll find a tour. Scary/sobering warning tip.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 9:25 AM

Very interesting writings.. and beautiful pictures. Poor Austrians... and good warning...

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2004 at 7:07 AM

Still craving additional reports. . .

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 6:26 PM

What an interesting and spooky place ! ...that old copper-mill would be my kind of tea...

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 11:46 AM

I've always wondered how fast a river of ice flows.....

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2004 at 3:25 PM

I'm looking forward to the full report :))))

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park and Preserve

Have you been to Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park and Preserve?