"Simply Put: A Fabulous City" Top 5 Page for this destination Gent by zrim

Gent Travel Guide: 1,437 reviews and 3,724 photos

I am infatuated with Gent.

This is a VirtualTourist success story, listen up:

Sometime in February in the deep cold darkness of a Minnesota winter, I played on VT until the deeep, deep dark recesses of the winter night. I stayed up past all reasonable hours and came upon a page by my friend Globetrott. He extolled the virtues of Gent and I was immediately hooked. After some time my wife roused herself from slumber and scolded me for whittling away such vast amounts of time on VT. Little did she know that the seeds of a Belgian adventure had been planted.

Belgium is such a lovely country--I heartily recommend that everyone visit this place in May or early June for a delightful experience.

Let me show you just how nice a few days in Gent can be:

• Last visit to Gent: May 2003
  • Intro Updated May 31, 2003

• zuriga's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Thanks for all the tips. We'll be in Gent via Brussels (second time there) in about 3 weeks. I'm even more anxious now to visit there. Ah, the Minnesota winters.... My son lives in Mpls. so I know what you mean. :-)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Hi there Phil. Absolutely loved this page mate! :o) I love your writing style :o) Every tip was a pleasure to read and your photos are fantastic! Cheers, Ann.

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2010 at 5:09 AM

Gent is amazingly beautiful as illustrated from your stunning images. Tomas Eriksson :)

• keysys's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2008 at 10:10 AM

You don't say where it's located ?

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2008 at 3:11 AM

Okay, you've convinced me!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2008 at 2:05 PM

What a beautiful place to visit. Lovely architecture, canals, and Belgium beer. A very nice page.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 8:01 AM

Beautiful buildings

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 5:47 PM

GENT! Yep ..it's gotta be one of the most beautiful towns in Europe! Your pictures with the buildings on the canals in that light are wonderful! It has to be up there with my fav gr8 places like Krakow, Gdansk and the Old Town in Stockholm .Tim

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2005 at 10:59 AM

Great page about Gent. Looking forward to visit.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2005 at 12:05 PM

I've just read your page and relised I've been here before,but it was worth another look.

zrim