"Where I live--the land of 10,000 lakes" Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota by zrim

Minnesota Travel Guide: 2,883 reviews and 5,537 photos

Minnesota is a friendly place. Very cold in the winter, but very lovely in the spring, summer and fall. There really are 10,000 lakes and the folks around here love to get out and play on those lakes whether it is summer or winter.

• Pros:the friendly people
  • Cons:it can be a bit brisk
  • Last visit to Minnesota: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 31, 2003

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2007 at 8:01 PM

I have always thought that Minnesota has many cool things to do, and I love wild destinations, your pages are brilliant!

• Rojo72's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2006 at 10:08 AM

ah, nice page! I'd like to go visit relatives in the Bagley area and then take car tour. Any ideas around Bagley?

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2006 at 1:44 AM

Hah! There are no confirmed reports of a person being attacked by a wolf anywhere, at anytime in the lower 48. The big bad wolf does not exist

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 6:17 PM

Phil, Your evocative commentary and superb photos really do justice to the state where I grew up. Glad that you covered the snow season so well, I loved it but cursed the frostbite wounds I still bear to this day. Gr8 tips, too. Doug

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 6:06 PM

Phil - Brilliant page. I need to get out more! Jeff-

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2005 at 12:19 PM

Phil, I really enjoyed reading about Minnesota. I have fond memories of spending summer vacations there. Loved your information on wolves, aurora borealis, and your corn on the cob recipe. Excellent photo of the abandoned farmhouse!

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 1:17 AM

NOW I see what you were talking about... quite faint, like those colouring books we had as kids, you painted with water and the faint mauvy pinky coulours appeared....

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 12:04 AM

Amazingly evocative pics - are you in the film business? LOL They look like something from a Hitchcock film !

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 12:00 AM

love the AB sky dance photos. Thanks for sharing this alien adventure.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 6:00 PM

And where's the state bird ??????

zrim Used To Live Here!

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Minnesota

Have you been to Minnesota?

Latest Activity in Minnesota