"A Special Way to Bring In the New Year" Top 5 Page for this destination Corcovado National Park by zrim

Corcovado National Park Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 48 photos

We flew into Corcovado on January 1, 2004. It was hot. Very hot. I mean icrediblly hot. Our Tico guide Arturo said that it was as hot as anything he experienced working summers in St. Louis, Missouri. And believe you me--St. Louis is the hottest, steamiest place on earth come July.

But heat aside, Corcovado was the exotic jungle experience that we came to Costa Rica to find. Isolated beaches. Verdant Jungles. Teaming wildlife. Corcovado is life itself.

• Last visit to Corcovado National Park: Jan 2004
  • Intro Written Feb 11, 2004

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Nice little page. I am planning (most likely) on Costa Rica for 2011.

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 4:34 PM

good and funny page!

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2007 at 11:17 AM

again, great photos and tips. It sounds like you were on an organized tour. If so, who did you travel with and do you recommend them? Thanks, I can't wait for my trip to CR in Jan!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 5:39 PM

I didn't know Costa Rica is so wonderful paradise for bird watching. A great adventure and interesting wildlife. Well, a bit too hot climate for me, I suppose :-)

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 11:49 AM

Interesting place....you were fortunate to get so many pics of the wildlife!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 1:19 PM

oh yes, small but brazen........our Samba and Tango (Brasil Capuchin) where just a delightful pair.thanx for putting some on VT!

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 11:08 AM

I think I could put up with beans & rice to be able to see this place! If you ever get the opportunity Phil try visiting Goa, over 300 species of birds...you'd be in heaven! Happy travels, Blu

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2005 at 6:55 AM

Now this is more like it!! Love the wildlife you have so aptly captured, but please --- no creepy crawlers in my bathroom. Errh, I mean our bathroom!

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2004 at 9:37 AM

beans and rice... really "local", but the view... worth anything.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2004 at 9:53 PM

You have some great info on the native wild life... Thats a ripe old age those monkeys live to. I'm not sure I like your room mate...:-) Always a little time for a hammock.

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Badges & Stats in Corcovado National Park

Have you been to Corcovado National Park?

Latest Activity in Corcovado National Park