"Sahara Sunrise" Top 5 Page for this destination Erfoud by zrim

Erfoud Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 54 photos

The small enclave of Erfoud is in the far reaches of eastern Morocco. It is a day's drive from either Fez or Marrakesh. The main reason to travel all the way to Erfoud is to visit the Sahara Desert. I've always been fond of deserts and the Sahara is the grandaddy of all deserts, so when the optional sunrise trek to the dunes was offered, there really was no choice but to wake at 3:30 a.m. for a daybreak adventure.

• Last visit to Erfoud: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2005

• Jan 29, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Hi I'm Baziz from Algeria. I'm very interest about your visit to Algeria. I'm building a touristic website to introduce my Country's beauty to the world.. So I collect some tourists' comments to show them on the website. Could you be one of them Sir

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2007 at 10:10 PM

Have enjoyed visiting your lovely sahara pages again!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 3:06 PM

Those dunes do look familiar! Great pictures.

• TheLongTone's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Great dune photo. Unique in it's way.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Great pictures and adventure. Haha, I drove there very, very old Mercedes with two locals. And surprisingly we met some locals walking in the middle of nowhere :-)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 11:03 AM

What an adventure!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 6:51 AM

a nice page bringing back great memories ! ...I also remember that we had the chance to take a little walk in the desert and all of a sudden there were lots of local "guides" and I still have no idea, where they had hidden upon our arrival...

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 7:24 AM

A little worldtrekker sloganism and a great desert shot and we have a viable page. I think I'd like to see the Sahara myself but only after the sunrise.

zrim