"I've been to Timbuktu, have you?" Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu by zrim
Timbuktu Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 400 photos
Wow! Timbuktu or Tombouctou. the fabled and mysterious city. The end of the road. The ultimate off the beaten path destination. Putting the "lonely" in Lonely planet. It is still hard for me to believe that I made it to Timbuktu (and made it back!) A once in a lifetime experience....and really once is more than enough.
- Pros:it is just one of those must sees on the lifelong list
- Cons:it is difficult and expensive to visit
- In a nutshell:sand, sand and more sand
There is not much choice in lodging in Timbuktu. There is the dirty little hovel known as Hotel Azalia and there is the... more travel advice
zrim's Related Pages
Timbuktu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Timbuktu, where the camel meets the canoe"
- "A classic amongst travellers"
- "I've been to Timbuktu, have you?"
- "Timbuktu, the forbidden city"
- "Timbuktu or bust"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Timbuktu
- Hotels in Timbuktu
- Transportation in Timbuktu
- Nightlife in Timbuktu
- Restaurants in Timbuktu
- Shopping in Timbuktu
- Warnings and Dangers in Timbuktu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Timbuktu
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Timbuktu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Timbuktu
Photos in TimbuktuSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 90 reviews, 108 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kootenay National Park Intro, 46 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Northfield Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos