"Pleasant, but don't dawdle here" Top 5 Page for this destination San José by zrim
San José Travel Guide: 525 reviews and 875 photos
By default most visitors to Costa Rica will spend some time in San Jose since it is home to the one major airport in the country. It has very pleasant weather due to its relatively high elevation (around 3000 feet). But the city itself is not all that exciting. It was made the capital city shortly after Costa Rica gained its independence in the 1830s. Therefore, San Jose does not really have the impressive old Spanish colonial style buildings. There are a few monuments, a couple of little parks and the usual skyscrapers. Downtown you will find crowds and diesel fumes. San Jose is fine for a quick exploration, but I would advise against scheduling any more than an afternoon in the city. The real charm of Costa Rica is found in the countryside.
This was the only building in San Jose that exuded any type of historical relevance. And even that is a facade. The Post... more travel advice
I almost did not take a photo of this building. It looked to be a residence, a nice big residence, but nothing like an... more travel advice
zrim's Related Pages
San José Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Jose, Costa Rica"
- "Three (Green) Weeks in San José"
- "San Jose, Capital City of Costa Rica"
- "San Jose"
- "Pleasant, but don't dawdle here"
- "the capital..."
- "Where the Streets Have No Names"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José
- Hotels in San José
- Transportation in San José
- Nightlife in San José
- Restaurants in San José
- Shopping in San José
- Warnings and Dangers in San José
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to San José?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Heckling Tiger Woods"
- Wrote a Review Shades of Colonial Grandeur: Post Office about Correo Central - Post Office in San José Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shades of Colonial Grandeur: Post Office"
- Commented on one of zrim's San José travel pages
- created a San José Travel Page "Pleasant, but don't dawdle here"
Photos in San JoséSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 90 reviews, 108 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kootenay National Park Intro, 46 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Northfield Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos