Phuket Favorite Tips by zrim
Phuket General: 161 reviews and 230 photos
Becky in Thailand
Favorite thing: Becky is a northern girl. She grew up in Duluth, Minnesota which is very far north indeed. Very far north, and very cold. Not much summer up there. Certainly nothing like 90 degrees fahrenheit and 90 percent humidity. But Becky loves flowers. And she loves Thai food. And she adores massages.
So Thailand was something of a mixed bag for Becky. She loved the abundant foliage, she wolfed down her meals and she partook of many massages. But she also was plagued by sand fleas, had to put up with unruly hair due to the humidity and was sunburned even while lying under an umbrella.
Me? I liked it all.
Favorite thing: The sightseeing cruise included a short stop at a floating muslim village in the very northern part of the Andaman Sea (Ao Phang-Nga National Park.).
The platforms seen in this photo are used to dry and ferment little anchovies and/or shrimp. The smell is outrageous.
Karsts rising from the Andaman Sea
Favorite thing: These tremendous geological formations are called karsts which are composed of limestone. Another area of the world which is famous for karsts is Slovenia and karst is in fact a Slovenian word in origin.
elephant striding through the jungle
Favorite thing: We saw a great many elephants on Ko Phuket. Sadly none of them were wild, instead all domestictaed. One hopes they are treated well. Most Thais seem to be in tune with nature and have reverance for living beings. Still it is hard to see an elephant chained in a field.
Favorite thing: This pretty view was taken from an open air restaurant just outside Phuket City. Can you see the elephant?
Through the magic of Photostudio I have blown it up so you can see it in the next tip.
Fondest memory: Elephants and Gibbons.
More Reviews (12)
zrim's Related Pages
Phuket Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Second Home - Phuket"
- "Phuket Introduction"
- "P H U K E T - Beautiful Sunset!"
- "Thailand, Phuket, and the classical beach holiday?"
- "PARADISE IN PHUKET"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phuket
- Hotels in Phuket
- Transportation in Phuket
- Nightlife in Phuket
- Restaurants in Phuket
- Shopping in Phuket
- Warnings and Dangers in Phuket
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phuket
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Phuket?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phuket
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 90 reviews, 108 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kootenay National Park Intro, 46 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Northfield Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minnesota Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Dakota Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (46)
- Phi Phi Islands- 79 Reviews, 172 Photos
- Patong Beach- 75 Reviews, 172 Photos
- Kata and Karon Beach- 50 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Phang Nga Bay- 53 Reviews, 109 Photos
- James Bond Island- 48 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Fantasea- 41 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Elephants- 33 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Promthep Cape- 33 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Wat Chalong- 24 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Downtown- 24 Reviews, 47 Photos
See All Phuket Things to Do