"A Peice of France in North America" Saint-Pierre by jamiesno
Saint-Pierre Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 99 photos
Saint Pierre and Miquelon are two small islands located off the south coast of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada but they are actually owned by France.
When you realize how close it is to Newfoundland and Labrador you would think that it would be similiar but you will learnt differently. I was on holidays in July of 2006 in St. John's, Newfoundland so as a side trip me and my brother in law took a side trip to these French islands.
The following pages include my pictures and tips! Happy travels!
As I mentioned earlier the islands are not like Newfoundland and Labrador. Well expect for one exception the weather would have to be similiar, but otherwise expect french language, food, style, architechure, atmosphere, vehicles and so on.
I was delighted to get an international experience so close to home and if your visiting the island of Newfoundland I think you too will find it good value to do an excursion into France.
Overall I was very impressed with the way they remain distinct and proud on this tiny island in the North Atlantic ocean.
jamiesno's Related Pages
Saint-Pierre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Peice of France in North America"
- "remeber your passport"
- "Saint Pierre - France's Falklands"
- "St. Pierre"
- "Mes etudes en Francais"
- "My Grade Six School Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Pierre
- Hotels in Saint-Pierre
- Transportation in Saint-Pierre
- Nightlife in Saint-Pierre
- Restaurants in Saint-Pierre
- Shopping in Saint-Pierre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Pierre
- 28 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Saint-Pierre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Pierre
Photos in Saint-PierreSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues