"The Labrador Straits" Forteau Bay by jamiesno

Forteau Bay Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 84 photos

The Labrador Straits

The Labrador Straits region is made up of 8 communities of L'anse au Clair, Forteau / English Point, L'anse Amour, L'anse au Loup, West St. Modeste, Pinware, Capstan Island and Red Bay.

The distance between all eight of these communities is only 72 kilometers so the area is generally looked at collectively as a region.

So what I have done is added all my tips for this region under the community of Forteau Bay a place where I grew up and graduated high school.

In case someone does an individual search one of the other 7 communities I have just added a link over to this page for them. So as you are reviewing the tips on this region of the world you may want to refer back to this map just to identify exactly which community this attraction is in :-).

The collective region is a very popuar tourism destination with some of Newfoundland and Labrador's best sights so if you are planning a trip here I highly recommend you take more than a day and do this region indepth.

The Labrador Straits Map

Please refer back to this map if you want to identify the exact area of a community I am referencing in one of these tips.

• Intro Updated Dec 18, 2004

• Apr 2, 2005 at 7:10 AM

Very good page - I especially liked your sports travel tips. Good job!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2005 at 8:39 AM

The Point Amour Lighthouse, humpback whales, icebergs, bake apples, and great hiking trails all are very appealing. Looks like a fabulous destination - especially in summer.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2005 at 2:23 PM

Those Basques do get around! Interesting shipwreck histories around these parts... great tips on the hiking possibilities!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 5:13 AM

Wow, don't think I have ever seen an iceberg yet, but it does look a little chilly!

• piccolina's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 5:54 AM

It's what i call i great page!...wow, lighthouse, ice berg, wonderful beaches and nature....Thank you for the link!

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 11:04 AM

That is a nice lighthouse I'll admit. though I am still a big fan of those of my Homestate. that snow is overwhelming!

• melissa_bel's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2004 at 6:34 AM

Hmmm... sea, green fields, the great outdoors... what a peaceful place to grow up in. I could really see myself spending some time in one of those B&B's.

• canadiantravelgirl's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2004 at 10:57 PM

Wow!!! Blue skies, green grass, and lots and lots of open space!!! You captured the beauty of the place through your photos!!! Thanks for the tips, Jamie!!!

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Forteau Bay

Have you been to Forteau Bay?

Latest Activity in Forteau Bay