"Fort McMurray - They have the Energy!" Fort McMurray by jamiesno

Fort McMurray Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 139 photos

Quick Synopsis

I have family in Fort McMurray thus my visits. My sister in law Danette and Brother in law Jamie moved there from Labrador.

I originally visited on a stop over in November 2002. From Fort McMurray we all left on a group trip to Peurto Vallarta, Mexico. The second and most recent visit was a family trip to Fort McMurray only.

Thoughts on Fort MacMurray

Fort McMurray is a true blue collar town with plenty of folks from the East Coast of Canada!

The place is booming with industry and the oil sands developments. Major employers include Suncor and Syncrude. It is a true working culture. People work a lot of hours, make a lot of money and have big expenses for housing and stuff.

I hope you enjoy my tips.

• Pros:Everyone is employed!
  • Cons:Everything cost a fortune!
  • Last visit to Fort McMurray: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2005

• Aug 23, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Great place to take the kids to. They have a fantastic hand on approach for the kids to experience how to use big machines.

• Mar 4, 2006 at 9:53 PM

cool, that you are the same age has me , but i just wanted to say . my husband go to work at consun, 4to 6 months at a time. pics of the heritage park are real nice.

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2004 at 7:22 AM

I spent a lot of time in Fort McMurray, a long time ago. Thanks for the memories!

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2003 at 12:12 AM

i just heard of the place... looks interesting enough! :)

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2003 at 5:20 PM

WOW! great pictures. What a bucket and what tires. Sure would not like to change a flat.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2003 at 10:15 PM

I had a boyfriend from Fort McMurray... the oil sands are the epitome of that place! I've heard quite a few stories about Fort Mac... I should visit just for the hell of it!

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Fort McMurray

Have you been to Fort McMurray?