"Welcome to Southeastern Labrador!!" Mary's Harbour by jamiesno

Mary's Harbour Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 48 photos

Quick Synopsis

Welcome to my southeastern Labrador page on VT. Southeastern Labrador is a region stretching 338 kilometers between the small community of Lodge Bay and Cartwright, Labrador.

There are 11 communities along this stretch of road, so I have a map provided from www.labradorcoastaldrive.com. As you explore through my tips while they are under the community of Mary's Harbour the Cartwright Hotel is over 300 kilometers away so refer to this map to pinpoint the exact location :-).

My tips here will cover all of these communities. The communities are all approximately 500 people or a lot less in some cases, so I am hoping its best to tackle this page as a region versus community by community. Like I done for my Labrador Straits page.

I hope you enjoy, this is a great region of Canada!

The 11 communities in this region are:

Pinsent's Arm
Mary's Harbour
St. Lewis
Lodge Bay

Enjoy exploring around :-)

Thoughts on Southeastern Labrador

I was born in Mary's Harbour, Southeastern Labrador so I have a connection to this area and obviously enjoying visiting as often as I can to visit my family.

But you will enjoy the area for the scenery alone is amazing, it's very remote, unspoiled, considered as "iceberg alley" by some, home to seals, whales and a National Historic District in Battle Harbour. You'll enjoy it, trust me. Get to know the people and the hospitality will be make your trip that much better!

• Intro Updated Dec 18, 2004

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 6:01 PM

In honour of your upcoming birthday, I look at your birthplace page. Thank you for sharing and happy 32d birthday in a week.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 5:59 AM

What a wonderful sounding place. How fortunate to have been brought up there.

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 7:01 AM

What a wonderful page on this beautiful area. Interesting writing about the Metis. Did you like France.

• Jul 26, 2005 at 6:45 PM

Your pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 9:46 PM

Great place to crab out, all those festivals with adult dancing and crab boats and beautiful scenery. I do hope their night beds are larger than their day beds!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2004 at 3:25 PM

The mind boggles at the thought of an adult dance at a crab festival - or should that be a crab festival at an adult dance? ;-)))

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 2:42 PM

So it is official....... you are crabby lol :-)) Lovely view from your grandparents place

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Mary's Harbour

Have you been to Mary's Harbour?

Latest Activity in Mary's Harbour