"Welcome to Southeastern Labrador!!" Mary's Harbour by jamiesno
Mary's Harbour Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 48 photos
Welcome to my southeastern Labrador page on VT. Southeastern Labrador is a region stretching 338 kilometers between the small community of Lodge Bay and Cartwright, Labrador.
There are 11 communities along this stretch of road, so I have a map provided from www.labradorcoastaldrive.com. As you explore through my tips while they are under the community of Mary's Harbour the Cartwright Hotel is over 300 kilometers away so refer to this map to pinpoint the exact location :-).
My tips here will cover all of these communities. The communities are all approximately 500 people or a lot less in some cases, so I am hoping its best to tackle this page as a region versus community by community. Like I done for my Labrador Straits page.
I hope you enjoy, this is a great region of Canada!
The 11 communities in this region are:
Black Tickle / Domino
Port Hope Simpson
Enjoy exploring around :-)
I was born in Mary's Harbour, Southeastern Labrador so I have a connection to this area and obviously enjoying visiting as often as I can to visit my family.
But you will enjoy the area for the scenery alone is amazing, it's very remote, unspoiled, considered as "iceberg alley" by some, home to seals, whales and a National Historic District in Battle Harbour. You'll enjoy it, trust me. Get to know the people and the hospitality will be make your trip that much better!
While you are traveling through southeastern Labrador you are in the heart of Labrador Metis territory. I myself am... more travel advice
When you are traveling throughout southeastern Labrador you will be driving on a high grade quality gravel road. You... more travel advice
- See All Lodge Bay Salmon Fishing
- See All Black Tickle / Norman Bay / Williams...
- See All Great Ocean View
Written Nov 5, 2004
Scenes from Southeastern Labrador
Written Jul 16, 2005
jamiesno's Related Pages
Mary's Harbour Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mary's Harbour
- Hotels in Mary's Harbour
- Transportation in Mary's Harbour
- Warnings and Dangers in Mary's Harbour
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mary's Harbour
- 29 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Mary's Harbour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mary's Harbour
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues