Quebec Favorite Tips by jamiesno Top 5 Page for this destination
Quebec Favorites: 145 reviews and 134 photos
Favorite thing: You will hear a lot about the fact Quebec is a UNESCO World Heritage site. One of the main reasons for this designation is the significant portion of historic infrastructure that has been preserved.
But here in this picture you will see a monument. This is located just in front of the Chateau Frontenac in old Quebec and it represents Quebec joining the community of UNESCO world heritage sites.
Lights in Old Quebec
Fondest memory: Quebec has many many faces depending on the view you get of the city. It's fair to say at night the city has an entirely different character and I can only attest to the amount of lights around during the Carnaval season.
All the streats are very well light, its a festive atmosphere and it certainly makes walking the city much more enjoyable.
There is always something to look at and admire it seems whether it be the amazing lights, historic buildings or the ice sculptures.
Your night walk through Quebec promises to be a treat! I feel like a salesman, LOL But it really is beautiful I have to say it right :-)
Quebec / Labrador Map
Favorite thing: If you didn't know any better you would think the map in this picture is just a Quebec map but I live in Labrador and can assure you the yellow region is Labrador a different province within Canada.
You would be rightfully confused because there is consistency. Many Quebec maps include the Labrador peninsula because of a historic boundary dispute over who owns Labrador.
Obviously many people in Quebec still hold title to Labrador, LOL. So when you see maps like this, now you know it is a Quebec / Labrador map not just a Quebec map. By removing Labrador as you should a proper map of Quebec looks much different.
Now you know! :-)
Fondest memory: If you didn't know any better you would think this is a perfectly good Quebec map and there is consistency as I seen several maps like this so you would be perfectly justified in thinking this is an accurate Quebec map.
Only I live in Labrador and know the difference. The yellow region highlighted on this map is actually Labrador.
There was a long standing boundry dispute over who owned Labrador and obviously many in Quebec and not let go, they are a persistent people.
So just to let you know this and all other like this are Quebec / Labrador maps not Quebec maps :-)
Walking Tour through Place Royal!
Favorite thing: This is a horribly frugal tip to be putting up on VT but there are plenty of budget travellers out there so I am putting it on, LOL.
While I was exploring Place Royal I was over come by dozens of tourist on a walking tour complete with a very loud tour guide.
Before I knew it I was in the middle of them and getting a free interpretation of Place Royal.
I couldn't help but think how easy that it was to do that and thought I would pass it along, hehehe.
I guess there is nothing wrong with listening to someone else's tour is it?
Hockey Rink in Quebec
Favorite thing: People throughout Canada love their game of Hockey and in Quebec they are probably a little more passionate.
The Montreal Canadians or Habs are loved in Montreal and in Quebec they miss the old Quebec Nordiques I am sure. They were the NHL team that moved to Colorado know known as the Avalanche.
Here in this picture I found some people playing hockey right in the middle of the city.
They call a pick up hockey game like this one a game of "shiney". It's just a group of people out on the ice playing for fun, no goalies or anything.
Cross Country Skiiers on the Plains of Abraham!
Favorite thing: I remember being very impressive with the green spaces in Vancouver and the ability to escape in Stanley Park so very close to the city, well Quebec has an equally impressive site.
Right in the middle of the city is Battlefield Park and 15 km of trails are laid out for the benefit of cross-country skiers, beginners or intermediate. There is also a ski skating course. A ski waxing room and a heated relay are also at your disposal.
Here I took some quick pictures, so just because you might be coming to Quebec for business don't be afraid to take your skiis!
Favorite thing: Here are some other sites that I used to try and make my trip to Quebec City better:
If you find any other great Quebec Sites let me know. A lot of my tips have additional ones as well.
Favorite thing: I think the French people in some circles have gotten a bad wrap as being rude or arrogant.
In old Quebec I have to say everyone was very very helpful and a pleasure to be around. Especially during Carnaval time everyone seems to be in a good mood.
I did witness some hilarious exchanges between the tour bus driver and a pedestrian would wouldn't give up his view of the St. Lawrance River for the bus driver to park, that was funny.
Some obsenities by the taxi driver when a crazy driver pulled out in front of him, forget the fact the taxi driver was going twice the speed limit, LOL.
Despite those funny exchanges everyone was great to be around during my trip. I provide this picture though as they exude a litte bit of attitude, enjoy :-)
More Reviews (71)
- See All Delta Quebec
- See All Greatest Steakhouse Yet!
- See All Traditional Huron Village
- See All Carnaval de Quebec # 11 - Giant Soccer...
- No Tourist Traps?
- Winter Activity Accessories!
jamiesno's Related Pages
Quebec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quebec, mon amour!"
- "Quebec City, Quebec, Canada"
- "Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!"
- "Quebec, the charming French town"
- "Une Petite Tour de La Ville de Quebec...."
- "Quebec City, c'est magnifique!"
- "LA BELLE PROVINCE - QUEBEC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quebec
- Hotels in Quebec
- Transportation in Quebec
- Nightlife in Quebec
- Restaurants in Quebec
- Shopping in Quebec
- Warnings and Dangers in Quebec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quebec
- 79 Reviews
- 133 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Quebec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quebec
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 148 reviews, 319 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 233 photos
- Toronto Intro, 50 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 39 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 91 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 69 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 49 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowknife Intro, 68 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Battle Harbour Intro, 65 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
- Montmorency Falls- 30 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Place Royale & Le Petit Champlain- 66 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Chateau Frontenac- 36 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Walking around Vieux Quebec- 25 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Plains of Abraham (Battlefields Park)- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Canyon Ste-Anne- 8 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Terrasse Dufferin- 26 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Notre-Dame Basilica Cathedral- 13 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre Basilica- 10 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Citadelle de Quebec- 25 Reviews, 62 Photos
See All Quebec Things to Do