"Quebec City, Quebec, Canada" Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec by jamiesno

Quebec Travel Guide: 1,564 reviews and 3,459 photos

Quick Synopsis

I was fortunate enough to get two full days to experience Quebec City and everything it has to offer right after one hectic week at work in the Labrador West region.

I flew via Wabush through Sept Isle into Quebec City. I stayed at the Auberge internationale de Quebec and saw a lot of the city!

Thoughts on Quebec City

Quebec City is very romantic, historic, political, militarian and festive. It is Canada's version of Europe and now after seeing and enjoying Quebec City I give up trying to choose my favorite Canadian City but there are a few close races for the honor. Quebec City has to go near the top and I am sure I will make Quebec City a regular stop now in the future. I can't beleive I waited so long.

The historic downtown, the amazing food and the great world famous carnival make Quebec City a world class destination! I am sure you will enjoy this page and your trip if you visit!

To share my travel experiences with you at a different level I have also added these videos. You will need Real Player from www.real.com to see these videos :-) I hope you enjoy!

QUEBEC VIDEOS.....

Tourist Tabogganing in front of the Chateau Frontenac!

Bonhomme iceskating with kids.

People iceskating at Place Hydro Quebec.

Montmorency Falls.

International Ice Sculpture Competition.

Horses and carriage are a popular way to see Quebec!

A view of the Carnaval site from the Plains of Abraham!

• Last visit to Quebec: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2005

• mmyerspa's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Thanks for the Carnaval tips and pics. I'm looking forward to being there in 2010.

• Nov 22, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Our favorite place on earth - home away from home... The island's proxitimty to Quebec City doesn't hurt either. We think this is the best of both worlds - the beautiful island and the spectacular city of Quebec - all within 20 minutes of each other!!

• Oct 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Oh no! Don't be fooled. Listen, Quebec City is a destination for food. That is why many people go. Just to eat. Some of the best restaurants anywhere. This, however, is a horrid tourist trap to be avoided at all costs!

• Aug 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Disappointing. We expected to see the old wall oven where they bake. No oven, no smell of baking bread. Hardly any baked items for sale - very sparce. People just lined up for free bread samples. This place didn't live up to the rave reviews read on line.

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2008 at 2:35 PM

I've always wanted to visit Quebec. . .enjoyed your pages!

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2007 at 3:56 AM

Nice Quebec pages. Its on my list of somewhere to go sometime in the future....

• jenn_d's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 9:05 AM

Superb dining recommendations! An eating tour of Quebec sounds good to me.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 6:16 AM

I did not know that such things could be made out of snow!

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 8:07 AM

Just thought you should know I bookmarked all your shopping tips! I will return to read more. Thanks for the help~~Nicoletta

• Apr 16, 2006 at 1:33 PM

hello, Jamie. Excellent page. I am from Venezuela but in four months more and less I will be leaving in Québec City as Permanent Resident. So, I'm very pleased to do this tour with your photos and comments

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Badges & Stats in Quebec